Solved

This is what I came up with for under $1500....yay or nay?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2GiSh

Already have a case/ power supply, I also noticed the compatibly warning with that RAM. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1500 yay nay
  1. Best answer
    Nay. No reason to pay that kind of money for old hardware. Get an i5-4670K and a Z87 motherboard. Also you don't need 16GB of RAM (assuming the system is for gaming purposes). And then with the money you save upgrade your GPU to a GTX 780TI. Also throw in an SSD and a Noctua NH-U9B in the mix and then I would say it's good to go.
  2. g-unit1111 said:
    Nay. No reason to pay that kind of money for old hardware. Get an i5-4670K and a Z87 motherboard. Also you don't need 16GB of RAM (assuming the system is for gaming purposes). And then with the money you save upgrade your GPU to a GTX 780TI. Also throw in an SSD and a Noctua NH-U9B in the mix and then I would say it's good to go.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. This would be a fairly high-end gaming rig, correct?
  3. Make sure you have a good PSU but other than that take G-Unit's suggestion and be god for a couple years.
  4. FishesDelicious said:
    g-unit1111 said:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. This would be a fairly high-end gaming rig, correct?

The 780TI will max out anything for the next couple years and is a very overclock friendly card.
  5. cut back on the RAM to 2 x 4GB and maybe you can squeeze a SSD in there for the OS. also +1 on the i5 4670k for gaming. i7 will be better for gaming AND say HD photo/video editing..etc
  6. Water cooler is kinda pointless here. Is say stick with a good air cooler then th build is perfect
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases RAM Power Supplies Systems