Solved

Why do prices jump on pc parts so much?

I'm trying to build a budget gaming pc and it keeps getting harder and harder. All the prices on parts keep going up. Even a PENTIUM jumped by about $30!! Does anyone know why? Also, are there certain times of the year when prices jump or drop?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about prices jump parts
  1. In the US the best time to buy electronics is on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) which is in November. Other times to buy are during holidays such as Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Christmas, and other holidays.

    In addition to this watch for sales and promos on certain items throughout the year.
  2. Ubrales said:
    In the US the best time to buy electronics is on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) which is in November. Other times to buy are during holidays such as Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Christmas, and other holidays.

    In addition to this watch for sales and promos on certain items throughout the year.


    Thanks. That really helps.
  3. Best answer
    Cardinals21 said:
    Ubrales said:
    In the US the best time to buy electronics is on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) which is in November. Other times to buy are during holidays such as Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Christmas, and other holidays.

    In addition to this watch for sales and promos on certain items throughout the year.


    Thanks. That really helps.


    And one more thing. Merchants in the US have spread out holidays throughout the year. Every six weeks or so, there will be some sort of good sale; real price drops. And in between they will have "Manager's special" just to stimulate sales.

    Look for "Shell shocker" and "Promos" at Newegg. You can also sign up for "Price Alerts" at Newegg and set your own price level with shipping options. I have used this and recommend it. Occasionally they send me some coupons and 'Promo codes' - the promo codes are for one-time use and cannot be transferred to someone else.

    Other merchants such as Amazon too have similar business practices.

    Good luck to you!
  4. I dont know. I'm on PC part picker in canada, and the price went from 400 bucks for my budget build to 600. that's before import fees and taxes.
  5. Fr33Th1nk3r said:
    I dont know. I'm on PC part picker in canada, and the price went from 400 bucks for my budget build to 600. that's before import fees and taxes.


    Im in Canada Also, my computer went from 1385 to 1700
Ask a new question

Read More

Pentium Computers Build