$1500 Build, Mostly done, want opinions

Romomani

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Hey guys and gals, I've got a build I've been pondering for $1500 and just want some feedback on what i should change/fix/add.

Approx. Purchase date: June 15, my birthday.

Budget Range: 1400-1500 (Including a mouse, monitor, keyboard, and headset).

System usage from most to least important: Gaming, surfing web, watching a movie or two, just other miscellaneous stuff.

Am I buying a monitor: Yes. I would like recommendations that are below $300, have 2ms response time, optimized for 1080p gaming, and are 120hz (although if you think my setup would run my games at 60 fps, 60hz response time is fine then).

I prefer Newegg since I currently live in California.

Overclocking: Depends on the risks and I don't want to primarily game while OC'ing because i want my stock build to be powerful enough.

SLI: Possibly depending on recommendations for further down the line in time.

Monitor Res: 1920x1080p considering I'm not looking for fancy screens, just good performance and the fact that 1080p is the native res. for alot of games nowadays.

Additional Comments: I have a copy of Windows 8 that a friend who works at Intel could hook my up with for free. Please feel free to suggest different parts and/or how i could save money in a certain category. Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Romomani/saved/3yoy

Once again, thanks for the consideration and for your time. One last thing: I will upgrade and buy an SSD later down the line but an SSD is not my main priority right now, i'm just looking to put together a Rocking first PC build of mine to start many to come. ALSO: (sorry haha) I'm going to be playing games like Skyrim, CS:GO, Minecraft, TF2, Rust, etc. I am by no means interested in Crysis 3 lol. Currently i'm gaming on a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883114037. Yes, i know, it's artrocious.

lucasz

Honorable
May 18, 2013
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2I8AA
Added cheaper but just as good RAM. Changed the GPU to the EVGA 770 SC with ACX cooling because 1. I like EVGA, 2. EVGA has great support, 3. It was cheaper, and 4. It is shorter so you should have slightly better airflow.
Also changed the PSU to a more powerful, and cheaper one that is still of good quality.
I would add an SSHD hybrid drive instead of a mechanical HDD. It is only $90 and has great boot times and quick performance.

Romomani

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

I can't tell that you changed the Graphics card due to the non-specific nature of the pcpartpicker interface haha, thanks though. Also I see you're sporting a caviar black, i also couldn't happen to find one oddly enough, would you mind linking me to the build with a 1 tb caviar black? Also, what monitors would you suggest? Should i just opt with the Benq 2420T? It's a little pricey for me :/

lucasz

Honorable
May 18, 2013

My caviar black is shit... it's only a 500GB 5400RPM drive. If I were you, I'd either get the seagate barracuda 1TB drive or the seagate SSHD