Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which is the best cooler for the CPU?

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Motherboards
  • CPUs
  • Cooling
  • Components
  • Cases
Last response: in Components
Share
January 27, 2014 4:45:13 AM

Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X

More about : cooler cpu

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2014 5:02:56 AM

Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 5:07:58 AM

MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2014 5:18:50 AM

Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 5:39:44 AM

MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine


I think they are about the same height. I ain't sure.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2014 5:45:46 AM

Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine


I think they are about the same height. I ain't sure.


I'm sure it will be fine, The nh-d14 is about the same dimmensions as the Hyper 212 evo which clears pretty well, have a look at a few youtube videos
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 5:47:17 AM

MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine


I think they are about the same height. I ain't sure.


I'm sure it will be fine, The nh-d14 is about the same dimmensions as the Hyper 212 evo which clears pretty well, have a look at a few youtube videos


Alright, I can buy the fan and see if it fits. If it doesn't I just send it back.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2014 5:48:49 AM

Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine


I think they are about the same height. I ain't sure.


I'm sure it will be fine, The nh-d14 is about the same dimmensions as the Hyper 212 evo which clears pretty well, have a look at a few youtube videos


Alright, I can buy the fan and see if it fits. If it doesn't I just send it back.


yeh, good plan
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 5:50:58 AM

MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
MurrayA said:
Blubberykollis said:
Air or water cooling.

CPU - 4770K

Motherboard - Maximus VI hero

Case - Haf X


Water cooling will give you better temps but i personally use air

Have a look at the noctua air coolers, they seem to give the best temps and not bad prices

http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Heatpipe-Bearing-Cooler-NH...


I've been looking on that Nh-d14. But I don't think it will fit, since I have Dominator platinum RAM.


hmm, might be a problem, not quite sure of the dimensions of the dominator ram, If its anything like the Veangence Ram, you should be fine


I think they are about the same height. I ain't sure.


I'm sure it will be fine, The nh-d14 is about the same dimmensions as the Hyper 212 evo which clears pretty well, have a look at a few youtube videos


Alright, I can buy the fan and see if it fits. If it doesn't I just send it back.


yeh, good plan


Thanks a lot for your help.
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 6:29:57 AM

Dominator platinum RAM < Not compatible with the Noctua
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 6:35:20 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Dominator platinum RAM < Not compatible with the Noctua



How does it come that almost all people I ask gives me a different answers?.
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 6:38:59 AM

Because I own the cooler.

This is from their page (Noctua)

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_ge...



Manufacturer Model Compatibility
DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum series No
DDR3 Corsair Value-Series Yes
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance No
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Low-Profile Yes
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro series Yes
DDR3 Corsair XMS3 DHX Series No
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 6:53:59 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Because I own the cooler.

This is from their page (Noctua)

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_ge...



Manufacturer Model Compatibility
DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum series No
DDR3 Corsair Value-Series Yes
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance No
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Low-Profile Yes
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro series Yes
DDR3 Corsair XMS3 DHX Series No


So what you just said. I get different answers from people just because you own the cooler? I've met a few people who have the cooler, and they said it fits, but barely.
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 7:04:05 AM

54.79 mm high. < Dominator Platinum

Caution:

The NH-D14 is a big cooler that extends over the first RAM slots on most mainboards. The cooler offers sufficient clearance for all standard size memory modules, but you won’t be able to use memory modules higher than 44mm.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_ge...
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 7:07:00 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
54.79 mm high. < Dominator Platinum

Caution:

The NH-D14 is a big cooler that extends over the first RAM slots on most mainboards. The cooler offers sufficient clearance for all standard size memory modules, but you won’t be able to use memory modules higher than 44mm.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_ge...


hmm, I have owned these Dominator Platinum's since the summer. Is there any other RAM you recommend that is just as fast as they are?

2x8192 Mb
1866 Mhz.
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 7:11:14 AM

You would have to remove the spreader and the cover.
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 7:16:41 AM

Don't tear apart your ram it looks sweet , get a closed water loop.
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 7:16:48 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
I would just grab some LP RAM MODULES.

Or grab a closed water loop and leave your ram looking nice.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.43 @ OutletPC)
Total: $89.43
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-27 10:13 EST-0500)


I rather buy new RAM then. I like the RAM because of how it looks. But I guess it's okay if I get 2 sticks of RAM that are just as fast. Do you know any?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 7:20:56 AM

I have these under my Noctua.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($161.58 @ NCIX US)
Total: $161.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-27 10:20 EST-0500)
Share
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 7:36:40 AM

Your welcome , glad to assist.
m
0
l
January 27, 2014 7:41:21 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Your welcome , glad to assist.


Hmm, I can't find where to buy them.

I live in sweden. Could you send me a website where I can buy them?
m
0
l
a c 1530 V Motherboard
a c 1078 à CPUs
January 27, 2014 10:23:56 AM

Sounds good.
m
0
l
!