Best AMD Catalyst Control Center settings for gaming

Hi all!
I have an ASUS K55DR laptop.
Specs: CPU: AMD A8 4500m (4 cores 1,9-2,8 ghz)
GPU: HD 7640g + 7470m Dual GPU (1.5 gb)
RAM: 8GB
OS:Win 8.1

I'm playing Battlefield 3 on High-Ultra settings, but sometimes when I do some changes on CCC, my game slows down, or speeds up.
So my Question is: WHAT are the best settings at CCC for gaming? Should Crossfire be enabled? What setting I need on the "Gaming" section? Power section? Windows 8.1 settings?
BTW my CCC version is: 13.251
15 answers Last reply
More about amd catalyst control center settings gaming
  1. What are your monitor specs? They contribute a lot to the control center settings.
  2. My monitor is the laptop's 1366x768 LED monitor and my Samsung Smart TV's 1366x768 display (1920x1080 originally, but I don't use it on that resolution.) The laptop screen is operating on 60Hz, the TV's 70-75Hz.
  3. I messed around with that and made my games unplayable, and don't know how to fix them so I suggest not to mess with them to much, but if you know what you're doing I guess then you might not screw up your pc as bad as mine. Just a warning you don't have to listen to me but I thought I might as well tell you what happened when I messed around with mine.
  4. I hope I didn't messed it up yet :D .
    I'm waiting for answers!
  5. RonnieNine said:
    I hope I didn't messed it up yet :D .
    I'm waiting for answers!


    I am guessing you didn't yet if your game didn't go down to 7 fps like mine, but If it does then I suggest going back in to the control center and setting the settings back to default. :wahoo:
  6. Yes, that may help!
    But I know that there should be some settings for better gameplay.
  7. If you are playing games on the tv then you can afford to leave vsync off since your tv is more than 60Hz.

    Here is what I have my settings on right now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i94t2nmdcy2fzub/CCC%20Settings.JPG

    These settings work pretty well, just leave vsync off since you wont need it. Also make sure that tripple buffering is disabled since you won't be using vysnc.
  8. Please remeber, that quality is important, but I'd rather get a solid 30-40 FPS than some VERY awesome graphics and >20 fps.
    I just set up your settings, I try it right now.
  9. Nah...I'ts still bad...
  10. And you are sure your drivers are up to date?
  11. Check this out: http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=1228&graphics=Radeon%20HD%207640G%20+%20HD%207470M%20Dual

    I think this might answer part of your problem. looks like the integrated and dedicated graphics don't play well together. Try turing crossfire off, and setting it to use your 7470m instead.
  12. maybe try cleaning your pc, for example getting rid of junk files, defrag, or shutting down processors before playing games, etc. If this all fails then you could try this program called razor game booster, it seems to work well for people who are not pc experts and don't know how to defrag or shut down unneeded programs that are running. But basically what the program does is it shuts down everything you don't need running before a game and also can defrag things for you. You should give it a try.
  13. Okay...I didn't told you that I just upgraded to Windows 8.1, so my pc is clean 100%.
    The games are running fine, but I had some better days before I messed up some setting in CCC.
    That's all.
    If you don't know what settings I should use, here are some more precise questions:
    1.Should I enable or disable OpenGL, VSync, Tripple Buffering
    2.What Dual Graphics setting should I use: Default, Disabled, AFR friendly, Optimize 1x1 or AMD predefined.
  14. DonnyTechMaster said:
    If you are playing games on the tv then you can afford to leave vsync off since your tv is more than 60Hz.

    Here is what I have my settings on right now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i94t2nmdcy2fzub/CCC%20Settings.JPG

    These settings work pretty well, just leave vsync off since you wont need it. Also make sure that tripple buffering is disabled since you won't be using vysnc.


    may you win the lottery or some other awesome event! i've been dealing with blur/hazy issues forevah! in DA-O and your settings fixed it! no more haze, no more blur around people. you sir...totally rule :D
  15. whirlygirl9 said:
    DonnyTechMaster said:
    If you are playing games on the tv then you can afford to leave vsync off since your tv is more than 60Hz.

    Here is what I have my settings on right now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i94t2nmdcy2fzub/CCC%20Settings.JPG

    These settings work pretty well, just leave vsync off since you wont need it. Also make sure that tripple buffering is disabled since you won't be using vysnc.


    may you win the lottery or some other awesome event! i've been dealing with blur/hazy issues forevah! in DA-O and your settings fixed it! no more haze, no more blur around people. you sir...totally rule :D


    Thanks man, glad this helped! I learned a long time ago that leaving most settings to AMD optimized is best. The only thing that ever really needs tweaking is vsync.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Gaming Video Games Catalyst AMD