Solved

Downgrade to Win 7, No internet

Okay, so I just downgraded to Windows 7 from 8 on my PC. That works great and everything, I can install WIN 7 no problem. My problem lies in the fact of after I installed it... I can't get on the internet to access download any of my needed drivers. It says it can't find the proper network driver or something. And I run my PC straight ethernet. So now I'm lost. Help?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about downgrade win internet
  1. So you need to download the NIC drivers... go to the computer manufacturers website and download them. Or if it's a custom PC, download the NIC drivers from the mobo manufacturers website.
  2. jfreggie2 said:
    So you need to download the NIC drivers... go to the computer manufacturers website and download them. Or if it's a custom PC, download the NIC drivers from the mobo manufacturers website.


    I would do that, but I cant get on the internet to do so, it doesnt register that I have an ethernet cable plugged in. that there lies my problem, otherwise I would be fine downloading all necessary drivers :/
  3. if you can post this question you have some form of access -- tether your phone to the computer or use sneakernet to copy the drivers from another pc. Do i really have to tell you these things?
  4. phillipnolan said:
    if you can post this question you have some form of access -- tether your phone to the computer or use sneakernet to copy the drivers from another pc. Do i really have to tell you these things?


    Yes I do have other forms of access to the internet, and it would be nice to know these things, seeing as how I've never had to deal with this problem before, hence my asking for help
  5. You'll have to get the drivers from another PC and move them using a flash drive or external HDD to you new installation.
    You'll need the make and model of the PC, then I can link you to the correct driver.
  6. joesklar said:
    You'll have to get the drivers from another PC and move them using a flash drive or external HDD to you new installation.
    You'll need the make and model of the PC, then I can link you to the correct driver.


    This is my PC, no changes have been made to the hardware http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437
  7. Best answer
    Ryan Fitzgerald said:
    joesklar said:
    You'll have to get the drivers from another PC and move them using a flash drive or external HDD to you new installation.
    You'll need the make and model of the PC, then I can link you to the correct driver.


    This is my PC, no changes have been made to the hardware http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437



    THIS is the one you want.
  8. go HERE: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4305#dl select your OS Win7 x32 or x64. then select the Realtek Lan Driver. Download it to your thumb drive. plug your thumb drive into your downgraded computer and install the driver.
  9. Why if nothing that I plug into the PC gets detected? Not a USB external drive Ethernet or USB wifi? I don't have legit version of windows 7 doe.
  10. Tekniik said:
    Why if nothing that I plug into the PC gets detected? Not a USB external drive Ethernet or USB wifi? I don't have legit version of windows 7 doe.


    By the site's policies, we can assist you in using pirated software. If the problem remains on a legitimate copy of Windows 7, feel free to come back with your question. And start a specific topic; don't necro a thread from more than two years ago.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 8 Drivers Windows 7 Internet Downgrade Ethernet Card