Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Questions about installing windows 7 onto a new hard drive

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 29, 2014 8:17:18 AM

So my windows 7 went messed up
I got a new disk with it on
I had a spare hard drive
I'm going to install onto the spare hard drive

WILL ALL MY FILES AND FOLDERS REAMAIN ON THOSE DRIVES I DID NOT INSTALL WINDOWS TO???

Thanks,
Sam

More about : questions installing windows hard drive

a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2014 8:20:38 AM

Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2014 8:23:28 AM

Yeah it will remain.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 29, 2014 8:30:18 AM

noise said:
Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.


It's installed but I cannot access the old drive after booting windows 7 on the new one...sais access is denied :S All I want is the program files folder then I can just format the drive and forget this ever happened :/ 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2014 8:35:06 AM

samborambo56 said:
noise said:
Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.


It's installed but I cannot access the old drive after booting windows 7 on the new one...sais access is denied :S All I want is the program files folder then I can just format the drive and forget this ever happened :/ 


This is a tutorial of how to get access to the drive:

http://www.preyerplanning.com/take-ownership-of-entire-...

Hope that helps
m
0
l
January 29, 2014 8:40:54 AM

ahmeday2012 said:
samborambo56 said:
noise said:
Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.


It's installed but I cannot access the old drive after booting windows 7 on the new one...sais access is denied :S All I want is the program files folder then I can just format the drive and forget this ever happened :/ 


This is a tutorial of how to get access to the drive:

http://www.preyerplanning.com/take-ownership-of-entire-...

Hope that helps


Thankyou :) 
Just to be double sure, getting access to the drive will not erase any of my programs from it, will it?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2014 8:42:24 AM

samborambo56 said:
ahmeday2012 said:
samborambo56 said:
noise said:
Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.


It's installed but I cannot access the old drive after booting windows 7 on the new one...sais access is denied :S All I want is the program files folder then I can just format the drive and forget this ever happened :/ 


This is a tutorial of how to get access to the drive:

http://www.preyerplanning.com/take-ownership-of-entire-...

Hope that helps


Thankyou :) 
Just to be double sure, getting access to the drive will not erase any of my programs from it, will it?


No. You just get access. Hope that solves your problems
m
0
l
January 29, 2014 9:27:06 AM

ahmeday2012 said:
samborambo56 said:
ahmeday2012 said:
samborambo56 said:
noise said:
Yes they should remain in intact. You could make doubly sure they will not be affected by unplugging the old hard drive while you install Win 7 on the spare drive.


It's installed but I cannot access the old drive after booting windows 7 on the new one...sais access is denied :S All I want is the program files folder then I can just format the drive and forget this ever happened :/ 


This is a tutorial of how to get access to the drive:

http://www.preyerplanning.com/take-ownership-of-entire-...

Hope that helps


Thankyou :) 
Just to be double sure, getting access to the drive will not erase any of my programs from it, will it?


No. You just get access. Hope that solves your problems


I just went through the process once, got to the giving yourself permissions part near the bottom and it said I didn't have permission. I'll retry making sure I do everything right and get back to you in a minute:) 
m
0
l
!