Solved

will asrock 970 extreme 3 R2.0 support DDR3-2400/PC3-19200

will asrock 970 extreme 3 2.0 support
DDR3-2400/PC3-19200
i am looking at purchasing 16gb
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM .
CMZ16GX3M2A2133C10
i have heard the Ram will work at lower speeds if used with AMD fx 8350 as i recently purchased the processor.
Kindly advise
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock 970 extreme support ddr3 2400 pc3 19200
  1. Well maybe, it's specs say 2100+ So you are getting past it's recommended and rated speeds but still might work
  2. FX-8350 supports two DIMMs at 1866MHz or four DIMMs at 1600MHz on a dual channel motherboard. Anything higher requires an overclock of the system.
  3. Calvin7 said:
    FX-8350 supports two DIMMs at 1866MHz or four DIMMs at 1600MHz on a dual channel motherboard. Anything higher requires an overclock of the system.

    hi
    are you sure about this what will happen if i put it.will the RAM work at lower clock or will i get BSOD.

    what ram would you recommend for following arrangement ie if i want to put only
    1>8GB(4gbx2)
    2>16gb (8GBx2)
    3>32gb 8gbx4
    i was thinking of buying crusial ballistix 8gb (4gx2)@1600 but i got a good deal on corsair 16gigs.
    i use flipkart.com and snapdeal.com to purchase my products
    your advise will be appriciated.
  4. Ok so your mobo is set to 1333 speeds by default, anything higher is an overclock but that's not hard to do. As for which of the three tigons for amount of ram, what will you be using this computer for?
  5. Jameson Clark said:
    Ok so your mobo is set to 1333 speeds by default, anything higher is an overclock but that's not hard to do. As for which of the three tigons for amount of ram, what will you be using this computer for?


    Jameson you are asking me something for which i am here in the first place.
    I had decided to put 4gbx2 of ballistix @1600 and then put 2 more as ram prices decrease
    i need more ram as it is a VM lab.
    dont mind what brand goes in just dont want system to crash with wrong specs
  6. i got 6 dimm of 1066 1gb each from HP p6005 SBM.
    these are unused RAM which i had purchased as spares
    will 4 of them work on this board
  7. Best answer
    1>8GB(4gbx2)
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460

    2>16gb (8GBx2)
    G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C10D-16GSR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231611

    3>32gb 8gbx4
    G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231610

    When left on auto the memory runs at conservative SPD (Serial Presence Detect) settings, not the rated settings.

    I do not recommend mixing multiple memory kits together. DDR3 1066MHz is the wrong speed for the FX processor.

    Overclocking Example:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1752459/dominator-platinum-8320.html
  8. DIONODELL said:
    i got 6 dimm of 1066 1gb each from HP p6005 SBM.
    these are unused RAM which i had purchased as spares
    will 4 of them work on this board


    Yes you could use 4 of those although 4x1gb sticks wont give you the best performance, 1066b is supported by your mobo, but if you are looking for a temporary solution that's a fine idea. Long term I would recommend the 2x8gb option. You could use a 2x4gb setup and probably be fine as well though. The issue with that is in the future if you want 16gb adding different RAM can cause issues. Its best to try to get the exact same RAM you are adding to but even then they might not play well together. That being said, you may have no problem whatsoever. As for the 4x8gb option I doubt you will need that much RAM now or in the rather near future, but again if you are doing something very intensive it is possible. This would be the worst option though in my opinion.
  9. Jameson Clark said:
    DIONODELL said:
    i got 6 dimm of 1066 1gb each from HP p6005 SBM.
    these are unused RAM which i had purchased as spares
    will 4 of them work on this board


    Yes you could use 4 of those although 4x1gb sticks wont give you the best performance, 1066b is supported by your mobo, but if you are looking for a temporary solution that's a fine idea. Long term I would recommend the 2x8gb option. You could use a 2x4gb setup and probably be fine as well though. The issue with that is in the future if you want 16gb adding different RAM can cause issues. Its best to try to get the exact same RAM you are adding to but even then they might not play well together. That being said, you may have no problem whatsoever. As for the 4x8gb option I doubt you will need that much RAM now or in the rather near future, but again if you are doing something very intensive it is possible. This would be the worst option though in my opinion.


    but my main question remains unanswered can i use RAM at higher clock or one not supported by the board.
    I have support till 2100
  10. there is no real solid answer since it says 2100+ its not necessarily going to work but honestly you shouldn't have a problem with 2400
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR3 Support ASrock Motherboards