Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Case fans for Fractal Design R4

Last response: in Components
Share
January 30, 2014 5:13:07 AM

What are some good options for case fans on the fractal design r4?

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k) | Purchased For $219.99
**CPU Cooler** | [Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14...) | $74.99 @ Newegg
**Motherboard** | [Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvi...) | $189.99 @ NCIX US
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c10d16...) | $152.99 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-driv...) | $89.00 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-h...) | $59.99 @ Newegg
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx780dc2o...) | $519.99 @ Amazon
**Case** | [Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcade...) | $88.98 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr7...) | $119.99 @ Newegg
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1...) | $19.99 @ Microcenter
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $1535.90
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 08:08 EST-0500 |
January 30, 2014 6:40:39 AM

WolfGeezyie said:
What are some good options for case fans on the fractal design r4?

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2K9hR/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k) | Purchased For $219.99
**CPU Cooler** | [Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14...) | $74.99 @ Newegg
**Motherboard** | [Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvi...) | $189.99 @ NCIX US
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c10d16...) | $152.99 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-driv...) | $89.00 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-h...) | $59.99 @ Newegg
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx780dc2o...) | $519.99 @ Amazon
**Case** | [Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcade...) | $88.98 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr7...) | $119.99 @ Newegg
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1...) | $19.99 @ Microcenter
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $1535.90
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 08:08 EST-0500 |


heres a similar build with better stuff and cheaper

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KaQ4
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KaQ4/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KaQ4/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($327.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($180.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($487.13 @ Mwave)
Case: Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($52.99 @ Mwave)
Total: $1497.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 09:40 EST-0500)
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 7:29:45 AM

I appreciate the help, but that doesn't answer the question.

Cooler: Wanted a quiet cooler and I've heard great things about this and Noctua, although you may be right with the CM Hyper. I may opt for that one to save cash later.
Mobo: I want a good one for gaming and slight OC but not interested in SLI.
Memory: I want low profile.
Video card: I actually may opt for the GTX Titan, trying to rationalize the big jump in cash for future performance (and awesome performance now).
Case: I like the dampening of the Fractal and wanted to couple that with good airflow.
Optical drive: I may not even put one in but it will definitely be cheap enough to just read/write cd/dvd.

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k) | Purchased For $219.99
**CPU Cooler** | [Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14...) | $74.99 @ Newegg
**Motherboard** | [Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvi...) | $189.99 @ NCIX US
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c10d16...) | $152.99 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-driv...) | $89.00 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-h...) | $59.99 @ Newegg
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtxtitan6g...) | $998.99 @ SuperBiiz
**Case** | [Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcade...) | $88.98 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr5...) | $85.99 @ Amazon
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1...) | $19.99 @ Microcenter
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $1980.90
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 10:23 EST-0500 |
m
0
l
Related resources
January 30, 2014 7:51:57 AM

WolfGeezyie said:
I appreciate the help, but that doesn't answer the question.

Cooler: Wanted a quiet cooler and I've heard great things about this and Noctua, although you may be right with the CM Hyper. I may opt for that one to save cash later.
Mobo: I want a good one for gaming and slight OC but not interested in SLI.
Memory: I want low profile.
Video card: I actually may opt for the GTX Titan, trying to rationalize the big jump in cash for future performance (and awesome performance now).
Case: I like the dampening of the Fractal and wanted to couple that with good airflow.
Optical drive: I may not even put one in but it will definitely be cheap enough to just read/write cd/dvd.

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KbHs/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k) | Purchased For $219.99
**CPU Cooler** | [Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/phanteks-cpu-cooler-phtc14...) | $74.99 @ Newegg
**Motherboard** | [Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusvi...) | $189.99 @ NCIX US
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31600c10d16...) | $152.99 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-driv...) | $89.00 @ Amazon
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-h...) | $59.99 @ Newegg
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtxtitan6g...) | $998.99 @ SuperBiiz
**Case** | [Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcade...) | $88.98 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr5...) | $85.99 @ Amazon
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1...) | $19.99 @ Microcenter
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $1980.90
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 10:23 EST-0500 |


i woudnt recommend 457 Estimated Wattage with 550 power supply if you're not willing to overclock you should be fine for now but i recommend for this build 600-700 watts. as for the fans the case includes 2 silent fans built in so why would you need case fans?

m
0
l
January 30, 2014 8:05:44 AM

Figured more fans = cooler system.

I agree on the PSU, better be safe and increase the watts
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 8:39:34 AM

WolfGeezyie said:
Figured more fans = cooler system.

I agree on the PSU, better be safe and increase the watts


what size fan you're looking for and how many do you want?

m
0
l
January 30, 2014 9:51:48 AM

2 x 120mm fans, one for the front intake and bottom next to the PSU
m
0
l

Best solution

January 30, 2014 4:55:41 PM

WolfGeezyie said:
2 x 120mm fans, one for the front intake and bottom next to the PSU


added 2 very good long life silent fans you can tell by the info in pc part picker and also added a better powersupply ;) 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KtAz
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KtAz/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KtAz/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $219.99)
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($152.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.66 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX Titan 6GB Video Card ($998.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-12025WW-RP 56.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($10.98 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SPRO-12025WW-RP 56.2 CFM 120mm Fan ($10.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12G 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($90.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2004.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-01-30 19:54 EST-0500)
Share
!