Freeze middle of game and make a wierd noise

Hello, I've been having this problem for a while, my pc freezes and it makes a wierd noise like bzzz and I only can hard reset to get out of the freeze

By far, it only happens in assassin's creed ( 3 & 4) multiplayer session when playing with other people, after about 10-20mins the problem occurs..

My specs:
i3 550 3.2Ghz
Geforce GTX 660 oc
8GB ram
500w ps
27 answers Last reply
More about freeze middle game make wierd noise
  1. Have you measured your temperatures? Use a program like SpeedFan and check your temps. Does it happen in any other game? Does it happen in single player too?
  2. What brand of psu do you have?
  3. Noshiz said:
    Have you measured your temperatures? Use a program like SpeedFan and check your temps. Does it happen in any other game? Does it happen in single player too?


    I cannot check the temperature while the pc is freezed..
    No, this is the only game, and the single player works fine with no problems
  4. Have you tried updating your graphic card drivers? You can download this http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm or this http://www.evga.com/precision/ and measure your temperatures while playing.
  5. Noshiz said:
    Have you tried updating your graphic card drivers? You can download this http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm or this http://www.evga.com/precision/ and measure your temperatures while playing.


    Will it work with geforce? cause I had geforce + nvidia drivers, and then I tried removing them, but it did'nt help
  6. Yes it is compatible with you card, i tested it.
  7. Noshiz said:
    Yes it is compatible with you card, i tested it.


    Ok so what do I do? start playing and...?
  8. Which one of the 2 have you downloaded? If you downloaded the EVGA one, open the program and go where it says "MONITORING" on the left side, press it, on the tab that it will open find where it says GPU temperature, choose it and on the bottom you will a checkbox where it says "Show in On-Screen Display", check that close the tab and run the game, you should be seeing the temperatures on the upper left corner.
  9. Noshiz said:
    Which one of the 2 have you downloaded? If you downloaded the EVGA one, open the program and go where it says "MONITORING" on the left side, press it, on the tab that it will open find where it says GPU temperature, choose it and on the bottom you will a checkbox where it says "Show in On-Screen Display", check that close the tab and run the game, you should be seeing the temperatures on the upper left corner.


    I don't have the "Show in On-Screen Display" option, I have "show in logitech keyboard lcd display" or "show in tray icon", checked both and nothing appears
  10. Did you install the RivaTunerStatistics that came with the EVGA precision X ?
  11. Noshiz said:
    Did you install the RivaTunerStatistics that came with the EVGA precision X ?


    Installed and checked, now freezed again with 45 C, is it normal temparture?
  12. Yes 45c is very very good temperature for gaming, so gpu temperatures are not the issue.

    When the game freezes, does it give you any black screen? Also can you recreate the problem anywhere else? Any game or program or video or anything?
  13. Noshiz said:
    Yes 45c is very very good temperature for gaming, so gpu temperatures are not the issue.

    When the game freezes, does it give you any black screen? Also can you recreate the problem anywhere else? Any game or program or video or anything?


    No, it just freezes, and stays like that till I hard reset
    Thats the only game I get this issue, it happens only there , only in the multiplayer mode
    and already contacted ubi, but they did'nt help much
  14. It sounds like the problem is the game iteself and not your system, if you don't have any other issues at any other games, then its assassins creed fault (possible memory leak leading to a crash?). I don't have any idea of why it is happening, have you tried uninstalling and installing the game again? Also do u have all the latest patches for it? Try doing these.
  15. Noshiz said:
    It sounds like the problem is the game iteself and not your system, if you don't have any other issues at any other games, then its assassins creed fault (possible memory leak leading to a crash?). I don't have any idea of why it is happening, have you tried uninstalling and installing the game again? Also do u have all the latest patches for it? Try doing these.


    Did... so many times

    I've read about this issue, people had it in battlefield, and what I found was overheat, which is'nt the cause on my system, or problem with realtek
    So I uninstalled realtek driver, but nothin changed... maybe its the sound card itself, and my last option is to buy external sound card...
  16. Where did you read that it's the sound card that causes these problems?
  17. Noshiz said:
    Where did you read that it's the sound card that causes these problems?


    A friend sent me this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624735327865/
    and the symptoms are the same..
  18. In the link it says that except uninstalling the drivers he also disabled azalia codec in bios, before you buy a new card try doing that as well and see if it will work for you too.
  19. Noshiz said:
    In the link it says that except uninstalling the drivers he also disabled azalia codec in bios, before you buy a new card try doing that as well and see if it will work for you too.


    Playing without sound, which is very essential in AC multiplayer, is kinda ruining it

    And if you can tell me where is it in bios, cause I could'nt find it =/
  20. Depends on your motherboard, which one do you have?
  21. Noshiz said:
    Depends on your motherboard, which one do you have?


    It's Intel DH55TC
  22. I found on Intels site how to disable the onboard sound.

    Copy/Paste:

    Disabling onboard hardware features

    If you plan to use add-in PCI or PCI Express* cards for features such as audio, LAN and video, disable those built-in features with these steps:

    Enter BIOS Setup by pressing [F2] during boot.
    Go to the appropriate BIOS menu:
    For audio or LAN: Configuration > On-Board Devices or Advanced > Peripherals Configuration
    For video: Configuration > Video or Advanced > Video Configuration
    Set the option to Disabled.
    Exit and save changes [F10].


    Link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-020837.htm

    Give it a try and see how the game will work, notice that you will have no sound at all, not only in-game but in windows generally. Worth a try though to see if that's the issue.
  23. Noshiz said:
    I found on Intels site how to disable the onboard sound.

    Copy/Paste:

    Disabling onboard hardware features

    If you plan to use add-in PCI or PCI Express* cards for features such as audio, LAN and video, disable those built-in features with these steps:

    Enter BIOS Setup by pressing [F2] during boot.
    Go to the appropriate BIOS menu:
    For audio or LAN: Configuration > On-Board Devices or Advanced > Peripherals Configuration
    For video: Configuration > Video or Advanced > Video Configuration
    Set the option to Disabled.
    Exit and save changes [F10].


    Link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-020837.htm

    Give it a try and see how the game will work, notice that you will have no sound at all, not only in-game but in windows generally. Worth a try though to see if that's the issue.


    Finally , adter disabling audio through bios, it works with no crashes
    What if I'll re-install windows files, I'll format the system, maybe resetting the system will fix it
    What do you think?

    Btw, hank you very much for your help, I apreciate it
  24. I've been reading again the battlefield link and someone says that this is happening due to a conflict between nvidia hd audio and realtek drivers, and he suggest removing the nvidia hd audio drivers. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot and see if that helps with your issue as well. Other than that, i don't really think formatting your pc and reinstalling windows will help fix the issue.
  25. Noshiz said:
    I've been reading again the battlefield link and someone says that this is happening due to a conflict between nvidia hd audio and realtek drivers, and he suggest removing the nvidia hd audio drivers. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot and see if that helps with your issue as well. Other than that, i don't really think formatting your pc and reinstalling windows will help fix the issue.


    Did'nt help... so annoying
  26. I can't think or find of any other solution, have you tried contacting the tech support of assassin's creed ?
  27. Noshiz said:
    I can't think or find of any other solution, have you tried contacting the tech support of assassin's creed ?


    Yup, they helped me much less than you did...lol

    I guess sound card is my only option
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games Games