€1700 (Gaming) Pc build. How is this?

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hi, this is the 2nd time I ask for help on a pc in a short time, not to annaoy you ofcourse but becouse im unsure since I recently found out about an epic case.

The pc is for both gaming and general use, so I want it to preform good with wathever I trow at it (dont count mining or extreme rendering stuff). Here is a parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2KmIh

Now the gpu is actually one by Inno3D a 4gb version cus thats the cheapest reference card here in holland for some reason, but partpicker doesnt know the card. I think these parts will do a good job and they arent my main point of concern but tips and oppinions are always wecome, it can never hurt right :)

Now about the case, the In Win 904. My concern is cooling. I think it should be okay with the fans I picked and a reference card and liquid cooled pc. I dont need a super cool pc, just cool enough so I dont need too worry about it. Was hoping someone might know something on that aspect.
here is the case: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2014/01/23/in-win-904-review/1

Now looks are important to me as well, ofcourse unless rhey would interfere with preformance. I just absolutely am in love wih this case, so dont reccomend spending money on a beyer gpu or soand get a cheaper case, cuz my budget is 1600and the only reason im over that is to get this case without getting worse parts.

Might get this case and just see how it gos if I have some hope of keeping it dool enough, even during summer (temps rarely pass 32-35C here but just in case, could remove sidepanel then ofcourse).

g-unit1111

Titan
First off, do not purchase anything made by In Win, they are a vendor on my long list of ones to avoid. Second, the extra case fans are a waste of money. Third, what country are you buying from and what store are you buying from? If you post those things that will help to suggest parts. If you don't know one for your country the master sticky at the top of this forum will guide you to the right direction.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Why not buy from In Win, the case uses quality materials! 2nd of all you didnt even see what the case was about, cuz if you did you would have jot called extra fans a waste.... the case comes FANLESS!

Now about the reference design, I picked it bedouse the airflow in this case is not optimal and its better to exhaust hot air out of the back then in to a case with not too good airflow. My conern was temps inside the case not if a reference cooler cannkeep a 770 cool enough.

oh and im willing to buy from any dutch store that has a certification that shows its a save and checked store, just preferably not more than 2 or 3 different stores.

g-unit1111

Titan

No they don't, they're very cheaply made. In Win is a tier 4 or tier 5 vendor at best. Fractal Design, NZXT, Antec, and Corsair are the tier 1 case manufacturers. And the case coming fanless is one of many reasons why I don't recommend them. On your budget you can easily get a much better, more efficient case without having to purchase a ton of fans. In Win isn't even sold on the websites you listed.

Here is what I would recommend:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - € 104,90*
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860W - € 217,90*
Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme 6 - € 157,90*
CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-4670K - € 207,90*
Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme - € 129,90*
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3-2133 MHz 1.5V - € 91,90*
SSD: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo - € 93,90*
HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM - € 52,90*
Optical: LG DVD Burner - € 15,99*
Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 780TI - € 669,-*

Total: € 1757.40

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Wtf dude. The case is ALL alluminium and real glass... and im only getting 3 fans. I know I can buy more at the pricepoint but if you have read my post completetly, what I doubt after reading both your first and last comment, you would have known that I want something that looks good and special too!

Also another reason why im certain you just didnt read it all is cuz I said im ONLY going too 1700 euros cuz I had another setup in mind before for 1600 (my actual budgey) and am not willing to soend those euros anyway if im not getting his case. So than you come and give me a reccomendation that does not only break the budget for a reason I stated I wont do it for, but you even break it by an additional 50 euros more than I did!

And yes ive seen in wins mainstream cases, I agree they aint that good, but his aint one of their mainstream ones. If it concerns build quality, it received nothing less than good to very good revieuws.

g-unit1111

Titan

That's actually not a bad case, I would still prefer to buy from one of the tier 1 vendors I mentioned earlier. The Define R4 has a similar look and feel to it, and includes front and rear exhaust fans. Plus with the Thermaltake Water 3.0 setup correctly then you won't have to worry about buying a ton of fans. In my general experience I've never seen In Win to be associated with quality, but things change all the time, although that case actually does look really sweet, I must say. And I'm really only € 50 over budget, if you have € 1700 to spend on a PC, I would think that you would be able to have +- € 100 to be able to be flexible, and if you're going to be gaming you can't beat a GTX 780TI.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
2its true 780ti is unbeatable for gaming, but its too pricy as I really want a 250gb ssd and an i7, since adding a gpu later on is easier than replacing a cpu wih cleaning off thermal padte from heatsinks and all that crap. Also my budget origionally was to stay under 1500 so im alreadh stretching it by a hundred and then by another 100 to get the case xD.

Im only playing in 1080p single monitor btw, so thats why I think a 770 will do perfectly fine. But ive been thinking of the 780ti ofcourse :)

its just that the price of the 780ti will require me to get cheaper stuff on many other fronts. Also, fractal does not have sexy sidepannel fully made out of real tinted glass :). O and I generally hate stockfans, noctuas are nice an quiet :D

g-unit1111

Titan
2its true 780ti is unbeatable for gaming, but its too pricy as I really want a 250gb ssd and an i7, since adding a gpu later on is easier than replacing a cpu wih cleaning off thermal padte from heatsinks and all that crap. Also my budget origionally was to stay under 1500 so im alreadh stretching it by a hundred and then by another 100 to get the case xD.

I've never really had problems adding or replacing CPUs, but there's no need for an i7 for gaming. Future proofing is kind of a moot point because by the time games actually take advantage of the i7, newer technologies will come along. You can definitely put that money somewhere else.

Im only playing in 1080p single monitor btw, so thats why I think a 770 will do perfectly fine. But ive been thinking of the 780ti ofcourse :)

You could always go 1/2 way and get a regular 780.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Its not just for gaming. Its supposed to be a bit allround. Gaming, multitasking maybe some light video edditing etc. Plus the 770 should already get me my 50 to 60 fps in most games. But that doesnt mean ill never move my 770 down a slot to be sli'd. Im mainly interested in how this case will do for temps inside using this setup.

Btw, I might just take a 780 if I go with a prodigy (other case im looking at)

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah the Prodigy is an excellent choice for mITX form factors. There's also the slightly larger Prodigy M and the EVGA Hadron.