Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will I need a sound card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 30, 2014 4:12:25 PM

I was reading and I came across something that said if you have a high end headset or speakers then you might want to invest in a soundcard. Will I need a sound card with these parts?

gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

also i use Astro A40s

More about : sound card

Best solution

January 30, 2014 4:15:06 PM

wrong place for this, but you will not need an extra sound card. The motherboard has it integrated
Share
January 30, 2014 4:18:50 PM

Charlie Pawlak said:
wrong place for this, but you will not need an extra sound card. The motherboard has it integrated


Thanks! And sorry i posted in the wrong place i'm not very familiar with this website yet i just needed a quick answer.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 30, 2014 4:19:13 PM

No, you won't need one
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 4:22:15 PM

freecarl said:
Charlie Pawlak said:
wrong place for this, but you will not need an extra sound card. The motherboard has it integrated


Thanks! And sorry i posted in the wrong place i'm not very familiar with this website yet i just needed a quick answer.


Your welcome!
Dont forget to click "Select best answer"! :)  It helps me a lot!
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 4:24:05 PM

freecarl said:
I was reading and I came across something that said if you have a high end headset or speakers then you might want to invest in a soundcard. Will I need a sound card with these parts?

gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

also i use Astro A40s


The motherboard has onboard audio. The article was referring to high-end speakers or headphones, not your GPU/motherboard. Onboard audio is excellent for gaming/listening to music/watching video etc....

If you are doing professional work/home recording/after effects or post processing/audio editing.... then you may want to buy an aftermarket I/O multi-channel sound-card or headphone amplifier sound-card.
m
0
l
January 30, 2014 4:24:21 PM

You might want a soundcard if the ALC892 audio chip proves to be an unsatisfactory match with your gear.
You don't have to spend a lot,Asus DG/X are good.
Try onboard first and it might be just fine.
m
0
l
!