Solved

Best graphics card under 40 watts?

I have a Lenovo M83 with a PCI Express x16 slot and a cap of 40 watts output. I'm looking for the best low profile graphics card to run at least two monitors on. I'm running Windows 8.1 so it needs to be driver compatible with that.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card watts
  1. Can you give us full specs and what will you be using this card for, besides dual monitors?
  2. It's an office machine that needs to run three monitors - one off the integrated graphics controller and two off the pci-e card. It's mainly used for MS Office, browsers, & online video
  3. Silver Phantom said:
    It's an office machine that needs to run three monitors - one off the integrated graphics controller and two off the pci-e card. It's mainly used for MS Office, browsers, & online video


    Is this truly a stock Lenovo M83?
  4. 280 watts and it's proprietary so it can't be upgraded
  5. r7 240 is your best bet.
  6. The r7 240 all require more than 75w as far as I can find
  7. Best answer
    Silver Phantom said:
    The r7 240 all require more than 75w as far as I can find


    http://www.hwcompare.com/15156/radeon-hd-7750-vs-radeon-r7-240/
  8. woltej1 said:
    Silver Phantom said:
    The r7 240 all require more than 75w as far as I can find


    http://www.hwcompare.com/15156/radeon-hd-7750-vs-radeon-r7-240/


    This looks like it will work. Thx for the direction: ASUS R7240-2GD3-L Radeon R7 240 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card
Ask a new question

Read More

PCI Express Lenovo Graphics Cards Graphics