Sign in with
Your question

770+Asus Phoebus+Razer Tiamat 7.1 or 780+Asus Hero On-Board+ Kraken 7.1

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 31, 2014 5:32:04 AM

I need to choose between Asus 770 Direct CUII OC+Asus Xonar Phoebus+Razer Tiamat 7.1 or Gigabyte 780 GHz Edition+Asus Maximus VI Hero On-Board SupremeFX+Kraken 7.1

I will play in 1080p, mainly Battlefield 4. And i know that Tiamat is a great headset, but it's heavy, and it hearts after 2-3 hours, but Razer Kraken 7.1 is the most comfortable headsets!!! Also, I don't know a lot about 2.2(Stereo) and 5.1 and 7.1 differences. Also i can't understand how virtual 7.1 works. Help me!
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 4, 2014 2:24:51 PM

Virtual 7.1 works by only having two speaker drivers (one in each ear), but the accompanying software and drivers varies sound output to you to simulate 7 channel audio. The Tiamat has 5 individual drivers in each ear, making it effectively "true" 7.1, but software solutions can emulate the effect rather well.

I own the Tiamat 7.1s myself, I don't find them to be particularly heavy at all, and the fact that the leather earmuffs are interchangeable with most other kinds is a great plus. Once it's on my head, I don't notice them after awhile.

I have the Maximus VI Hero SupremeFX On-board, and it's pretty damn good for an onboard card, I'd say save the money on the dedicated sound card and buy the better video card, and then just pick from whichever the two headphones you like more. They'll both sound pretty similar on your ears, honestly. I just liked the Tiamat's more so than the Kraken's myself.
m
l
!