I5-2320 Bottlenecking question

vFoxArts

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Hi guys.

Because of the launch of battlefield 4 I wanted a new gpu, the thing im scared about is my cpu can't handle the 760 or 770 im getting soon. So i wanted your guys help and maybe give me an answer because i really don't want to buy a new cpu and motherboard =[

My system:
Intel Core i5 2320 @ 3.00GHz (with stock cooler)
Motherboard: Acer Predator G3610
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit
(550 Ti)

Solution
OP just get a GCN AMD video card(a 270x/280x) and the new Mantle update will be much better...
All benchmarks regarding AMD GPU's are going to be irrelevant. min frames will be fixed.

Tehepicford is correct in a sense...the term will this card bottleneck this GPU isn't as straight forward as yes or no nor is that question really relevant unless you own a really crappy CPU or running 3 Titans for a 4K picture...His CPU is more than good enough and no single GPU will bottleneck it..

Tehepicford

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013

Honestly, I don't understand why people use the term 'Bottlenecking' .
The only thing that really could go wrong is by a few FPS by the CPU maybe not keeping up.

But to be honest, the CPU is not a deciding factor over gaming.
So you should be absolutely fine!
Don't listen the others, just don't go SLI and your fine.

It would be ideal to go AMD CPU and GPU or get a slightly better CPU but there is no point, save the cash for a major breakthrough on computing.

Master-flaw

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
OP go 270X or 280X....mantles numbers are out and it looks to be quite successful. Especially for CPU's such as yours.
Your talking +~30% in performance over an Nvidea card.

Windows 8 will also help smooth out frames.

logainofhades

Titan

^This. Either of those two cards would be a good idea for sure. Your CPU is still pretty decent, I wouldn't worry about it.

vFoxArts

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

Alright, thanks for the help guys, im probaly gonna wait for a hot deal on a R9 280x. Thanks alot! =]

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Battlefield_4-test-bf4_proz_2.jpg

2 gamers one has a 6100, the other a 8350. They have the same GPU.

The guy with the 8350 has 19fps minimum better, and 23fps better at max.

That is bottlenecking. The GPU is held back by the weak cpu.

Cpu has a very significant effect in gaming.

Master-flaw

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
OP just get a GCN AMD video card(a 270x/280x) and the new Mantle update will be much better...
All benchmarks regarding AMD GPU's are going to be irrelevant. min frames will be fixed.

Tehepicford is correct in a sense...the term will this card bottleneck this GPU isn't as straight forward as yes or no nor is that question really relevant unless you own a really crappy CPU or running 3 Titans for a 4K picture...His CPU is more than good enough and no single GPU will bottleneck it..

Solution