Does this set-up work?
Hey everybody, I'm not too familiar with the final product of a DIY computer. My cousin told me to pick out components for a new computer we are building and I want to make sure I got parts that are compatible and some that I won't have to upgrade in a while. The list is below. If we can make this a little cheaper, that would be cool too. Any advice and comments are welcome!
Thanks for the help!!
Thanks for the help!!
Processor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504 - $225
Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293 - $130
RAM - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313431 - $80
HDD - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136941 - $67
Video Card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121660 - $190
Tower - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146075 - $40
Power Supply - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153172 - $50
Total - $782
Sorry it took so long to get this up. I've been mega busy. Would still like to keep it under $700 if possible. Let me know whatcha think! Also, if you recommend any parts over the one's I've linked I'd love to hear why.
Thanks again friends
Yes all your picks are compatible but as you requested I took the liberty of suggesting better components that you won't have to upgrade in a longer while.
1. Mobo + CPU: You chose the 3rd generation Ivy Bridge CPU... So I suggest you pick the 4th generation Haswell edition CPU and a compatible Socket 1150 Motherboard with the same characteristics as the one in your list.
2. RAM; you picked Team Zeus Red which is relatively unknown and is not even rated at newegg, so a better pick would be a set of Gskills with the same characteristics and maybe a bit higher price (Ripjaws) but even one with a lower price tag (Sniper Series) would be more desireable.
3. Your selected HDD is a 5400RPM and it may not perform as you'd expect in games... so unless you want the power saving characteristics, a Caviar Blue would perform better and cost some $6.00 less.
4. VIDEO; You can get another make of GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express with SLI Support Video Card for less: MSI for $20.00 less or a EVGA for $10.00 less but you get a gift ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG worth $60.00
5. PSU: You can get a much better model for $40.00 more... this is my suggestion considering the PSU should be a good quality item for better and longer lasting components.
Your final price tag would be $55.00 higher but you get better components. Of course you could ignore the suggested PSU and reduce the difference to just $15.00 above your original list with prices from Newegg.com... PCPricepicker prices come out a bit different induvidually but add up to a similar total.
Saved parts list
Or Download file Newegg Shopping Cart.pdf