Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Just got a new CPU and mobo

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 1, 2014 1:38:07 PM

It randomly freezes or reboots which I think might be my 500w evga psu but my mhz on my cpu are over 3900 and my ram is over it too its like this in bios too its not just cpu-z
here is my cpu-z link http://valid.canardpc.com/awjnwg help me please I want to stop freezing or restarting randomly
System Specs in case they are needed are:
500W Evga PSU
CPU AMD FX 6350 @3.9GHZ
Nvidia GTX 650
Motherboard is GA-990FXA-UD3
HDD: Western digital 932 GB 7200 RPM
Ram is 2x4 (8GB) 1333 MHZ
I have 2 fans 1x140mm and 1x120mm
I think thats it

More about : cpu mobo

February 1, 2014 2:13:21 PM

check to make sure your chipset drivers are up to date
m
0
l
February 1, 2014 4:57:53 PM

jrizzz said:
check to make sure your chipset drivers are up to date


Okay I updated the drivers but my computer still randomly restarts I think its done freezing, it doesn't randomly restart when I put the PC into power saver mode, unless I go on a game so could it be my 500W PSU is to weak,
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2014 5:21:54 PM

Could be the psu. What brand is your PSU?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2014 7:32:29 PM

A bios update could also be in order. That's a pretty standard first step that a lot of people skip and get away with for a while but maybe your not that lucky. It should be pretty easy to do. Just read if one bios is more troublesome than others. Newest isn't always the best! Please keep us updated as to what worked or at least yielded some improvement or not.

Thanks,

Justin S.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 1, 2014 7:39:50 PM

PSU looks fine considering gtx650 requires a psu around 400W.

Check your system temperatures with multiple monitoring softwares like hwinfo, hwmonitor, cputemp, coretemp or motherboard's monitoring tool to make sure you are not having an overheating problem.

If this is not the case then try to run with 1 stick of ram also make sure all your drivers including gpu, chipset, LAN, sound etc.. are up to date.
m
0
l
February 1, 2014 9:29:03 PM

feelingtheblanks said:
PSU looks fine considering gtx650 requires a psu around 400W.

Check your system temperatures with multiple monitoring softwares like hwinfo, hwmonitor, cputemp, coretemp or motherboard's monitoring tool to make sure you are not having an overheating problem.

If this is not the case then try to run with 1 stick of ram also make sure all your drivers including gpu, chipset, LAN, sound etc.. are up to date.

Temps look fine CPU running around 40 C um chipset is up to date, and i'll update the gpu and look for a LAN update, its just weird the moment my cpu goes out of Cool N quiet mode i'll usually restart goes from 1.4 ghz when i'm doing nothing to the 3.9 ghz and than I usually will restart, anyways i'll update drivers and get back to you,
Oh and to Justin who said I should update my bios it is at update F2 which is the highest update for Rev 4.0 which is this board.
Well I updated all the drivers and it still froze and randomly restarts so I'm going to try one stick of RAM now like you said
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 10:02:52 AM

feelingtheblanks said:
PSU looks fine considering gtx650 requires a psu around 400W.

Check your system temperatures with multiple monitoring softwares like hwinfo, hwmonitor, cputemp, coretemp or motherboard's monitoring tool to make sure you are not having an overheating problem.

If this is not the case then try to run with 1 stick of ram also make sure all your drivers including gpu, chipset, LAN, sound etc.. are up to date.


I can't confirm its working because some times it takes awhile but I think its working with only 1 stick of RAM what does this mean do I have to get new ram thats 1600 MHZ? instead of 1333 MHZ , can my PSU not support both RAM's in there?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2014 10:38:05 AM

You bought these rams together in the same package right?

Before taking an action you need to be sure that it's the ram causing the restart problem. Test each of the sticks longer until you are sure. You can also use Memtest to test your rams together and one stick at a time.

If you are sure that it's working fine and stable with 1 stick of RAM then it's either the ram is faulty or your motherboard has somekind of compatibility issue with these sticks. If this is the case contact the manufacturer (or the retailer) to ask a RMA and change them.
Share
February 2, 2014 11:23:42 AM

feelingtheblanks said:
You bought these rams together in the same package right?

Before taking an action you need to be sure that it's the ram causing the restart problem. Test each of the sticks longer until you are sure. You can also use Memtest to test your rams together and one stick at a time.

If you are sure that it's working fine and stable with 1 stick of RAM then it's either the ram is faulty or your motherboard has somekind of compatibility issue with these sticks. If this is the case contact the manufacturer (or the retailer) to ask a RMA and change them.


Well windows memory diagnostic froze with them both in before so, I'm pretty sure the motherboard can't support 2x4GB @1333MHZ ram even though it says it supports 1333mhz i'm just going to RMA the Ram and go with a newer 1600 MHZ ram, first I'm going to test it on a game just to be sure but it hasn't froze or restarted in almost an hour (long time for this)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 2, 2014 12:57:31 PM

Your motherboard should support 1333 mhz memory but there is probably a compatibility issue with these specific modules. What was the brand of these rams again? Continue testing in meantime and we'll have more clue.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 1:36:24 PM

That is weird. Did you install all windows updates?
m
0
l
!