Solved

fx 8320 vs i5 4670K

So I'm upgrading my rig and I'm between these two http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-4th-gen-gamer-bundle--inc-z87-k-motherboard--intel-core-i5-4670k---8gb-vengeance-pro-black--8Y8X.html?catid=15005&src=3 this is an i5 4607K asus z 87K motherboard and corsair RAM and this is the other http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MnCs AMD fx 8320 asus 990fx and corsair RAM and I'm wondering id the performance difference between these two in games big at all and which one will last the longest without haveing to be upgarded
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 8320 4670k
  1. Strictly for gaming, the Intel has the edge. At least in the vast majority of games. But the FX-8320/8350 is no slouch.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
  2. the i5 has the edge but I wonder whether the 80pounds you save could get you the next best graphics card. That is the real limiter for gaming in most games.
  3. +1^
    Good point if budget is limited. With a powerful card, you wouldn't know which of those processors you had in the midst of gaming.
  4. clutchc said:
    Strictly for gaming, the Intel has the edge. At least in the vast majority of games. But the FX-8350 is no slouch.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html



    It won't strictly be for gaming school work etc. I enjoy overclocking (got my AMD A8 3870K running @ 4.2ghz 24/7) so I'd like to know which one would put out the least amount of heat when doing so and which one is more likely to get to a high stable speed
    and also out of these 3 sets of links could you tell me which one you would go with http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/md80
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/12BFb
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xs8s
  5. jnkweaver said:
    the i5 has the edge but I wonder whether the 80pounds you save could get you the next best graphics card. That is the real limiter for gaming in most games.


    Going bit by bit mate already got a new card (gtx 760 zotac reference design a lot cooler that I though a reference one would be and quieter even with a respectable 175mhz+ on the core and 450mhz+ on the VRAM) in the summer it's CPU Mobo and RAM time now
  6. Heat-wise, the Intel processor is a definite winner.
  7. clutchc said:
    Heat-wise, the Intel processor is a definite winner.

    but out of the group of pc part pickers link which one will offer the best performance and the funnest overclocking and also which set of parts would need upgrading the least
  8. Best answer
    the lobotomite said:
    clutchc said:
    Heat-wise, the Intel processor is a definite winner.

    but out of the group of pc part pickers link which one will offer the best performance and the funnest overclocking and also which set of parts would need upgrading the least



    Best performance? The Intel i5-4670K and MB. Faster gaming CPU and better MB.
    "Funnest"? Tossup.
    Upgrading? The 4th gen Intel core processor uses a socket that hasn't been rumored to be made obsolete... yet. The AM3+ socket may not see any new CPUs if AMD continues their push towards APU tecnology (FM1, FM2, FM2+...) instead of CPUs. But it's hard to predict the future.
  9. clutchc said:
    the lobotomite said:
    clutchc said:
    Heat-wise, the Intel processor is a definite winner.

    but out of the group of pc part pickers link which one will offer the best performance and the funnest overclocking and also which set of parts would need upgrading the least



    Best performance? The Intel i5-4670K and MB. Faster gaming CPU and better MB.
    "Funnest"? Tossup.
    Upgrading? The 4th gen Intel core processor uses a socket that hasn't been rumored to be made obsolete... yet. The AM3+ socket may not see any new CPUs if AMD continues their push towards APU tecnology (FM1, FM2, FM2+...) instead of CPUs. But it's hard to predict the future.

    Thanks I'll leave it for now and come back when Intel/AMD have either released a road map or there is something coming out but I'm worried if I go with Intel in the future that they won't have any hyper threaded or true six cores in my budget that's why I was swaying towards the AMD side thinking more cores would be better for the future just like what the new consoles have gone with but after you said AMD might push towards the APU market so buying an 8 core on a almost dead platform would make no sense to me. So I'll wait and see what the next few months brings thanks anyway :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair AMD CPUs Motherboards Asus Intel i5