Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Blue screen problem when doing heavy task....

Last response: in Memory
Share
February 2, 2014 4:26:52 AM

Usually when doing heavy tasks such as flash games from facebook, windows stops working... the blue screen comes... some kind of (idk) counting happens very fast (memory count from 0 - 100) and the windows restarts.

Is it because there might be RAM issue? Or Window issue?

Thanks in advance.
a b $ Windows 7
a c 94 } Memory
February 2, 2014 4:30:09 AM

Pl give me your RAM and HDD info.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:35:55 AM

EasyLover said:
Pl give me your RAM and HDD info.


RAM transcend 4 GB (running on windows7 32 bit)
HDD - Samsung 500 GB, Western digital 1 TB

edit: windows is installed on that 500 gb; using the other one(1 TB) as usb drive... removable hardware... something like that idk!
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a c 94 } Memory
February 2, 2014 4:39:02 AM

Apparently it seems like your RAM is being fulled to its max causing system to restart. I would suggest increase the RAM capacity to minimum 8 GB. Else you may want to give it a try by doing clean installation of Windows itself. It could be anything like malware attack etc.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:43:32 AM

EasyLover said:
Apparently it seems like your RAM is being fulled to its max causing system to restart. I would suggest increase the RAM capacity to minimum 8 GB. Else you may want to give it a try by doing clean installation of Windows itself. It could be anything like malware attack etc.


He can't do that, he has a 32bit version of Windows. You are limited to just over 2gb of RAM on a 32bit OS, your computer can not use more. You need a 64bit OS to fully use your RAM.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:46:09 AM


-
Yes... I have been downloading 'free' game torrents and been playing [their (uploader's) 'generosity' usually includes maleware]. And also, too many NFS + other heavy softwares are installed - might causing overload. And also I suspect the RAM provider has given me a bad one.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:50:03 AM

Jake Thorn said:
EasyLover said:
Apparently it seems like your RAM is being fulled to its max causing system to restart. I would suggest increase the RAM capacity to minimum 8 GB. Else you may want to give it a try by doing clean installation of Windows itself. It could be anything like malware attack etc.


He can't do that, he has a 32bit version of Windows. You are limited to just over 2gb of RAM on a 32bit OS, your computer can not use more. You need a 64bit OS to fully use your RAM.


It shows 2,90 GB usable - does that mean I am using 2.9 GB out of 4 GB?
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:50:56 AM

Once again, you have a 32bit OS, you can't use more than 2gb of RAM. You need 64bit Windows to use more. Though the malware probably doesn't help...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:51:28 AM

That's all your system can ever page without a 64bit OS.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:54:04 AM

Jake Thorn said:
That's all your system can ever page without a 64bit OS.


If I add an additional 8 gb (in the nearest slot to the processor) and use a 64 bit windows... will the other 4 GB RAM also keep working?

edit: what will the 'usable memory' be after that?
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 4:55:19 AM

Skhatria said:
Jake Thorn said:
That's all your system can ever page without a 64bit OS.


If I add an additional 8 gb (in the nearest slot to the processor) and use a 64 bit windows... will the other 4 GB RAM also keep working?


Yes
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 94 } Memory
February 2, 2014 4:59:19 AM

Jake Thorn said:
Once again, you have a 32bit OS, you can't use more than 2gb of RAM. You need 64bit Windows to use more. Though the malware probably doesn't help...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/


Dear,

If he is using 32bit Windows 7 (Not a Starter Edition) then the limit is 4GB.
[Source: Microsoft MSDN]
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 5:02:41 AM

Jake Thorn said:
Skhatria said:
Jake Thorn said:
That's all your system can ever page without a 64bit OS.


If I add an additional 8 gb (in the nearest slot to the processor) and use a 64 bit windows... will the other 4 GB RAM also keep working?


Yes


And also..... the "Blue screen" problem might be happening for the 'RAM overload issue', and might be solved if only the 'overload' is causing the blue screen?
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 5:11:10 AM

EasyLover said:
Jake Thorn said:
Once again, you have a 32bit OS, you can't use more than 2gb of RAM. You need 64bit Windows to use more. Though the malware probably doesn't help...
http://www.malwarebytes.org/


Dear,

If he is using 32bit Windows 7 (Not a Starter Edition) then the limit is 4GB.
[Source: Microsoft MSDN]


That's the whole point of 64bit vs 32bit systems, 32bit draws less power but can only page about ~2gb of DRAM. In a perfect setup, that can page 4gb, but that's not what is happening. Just like FAT Drives can't handle over ~2.7tb of data, neither can 32bit systems handle 4gb most of the time. Or do you have a better explanation as to why one could only use 2.9gb of DRAM, that isn't OS related?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 94 } Memory
February 2, 2014 5:11:46 AM

Like you said it shows the counting like going from 1 to 100. This seems to be overload. Pl try cleaning the system using antivirus or even clean installing the windows again. If problem persists then consider changing your RAM pl.

Also confirm which version of the Windows 7 you are using.

Regards,
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 5:20:47 AM

EasyLover said:
Like you said it shows the counting like going from 1 to 100. This seems to be overload. Pl try cleaning the system using antivirus or even clean installing the windows again. If problem persists then consider changing your RAM pl.

Also confirm which version of the Windows 7 you are using.

Regards,


Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 32-bit
Service pack 1 (built....)
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 94 } Memory
February 2, 2014 5:31:06 AM

Skhatria said:
EasyLover said:
Like you said it shows the counting like going from 1 to 100. This seems to be overload. Pl try cleaning the system using antivirus or even clean installing the windows again. If problem persists then consider changing your RAM pl.

Also confirm which version of the Windows 7 you are using.

Regards,


Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 32-bit
Service pack 1 (built....)


Ok good. Pl follow the steps describe above and see if it solves the problem.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 5:48:30 AM

Will do and let you know what happens... might take sometime. For now, thanks to you both :) 
m
0
l
!