Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

8 Pin PCI-E to 2x 4 Pin Molex adapter ?

Tags:
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 2, 2014 10:50:25 AM

I am planning on getting this graphics card.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-276...

This card requires a 6 pin and an 8 pin directly from the psu but i need the 8 pin as my psu doesnt have one.
Is it safe to use this adapter ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-Pin-PCI-E-to-2x-4-Pin-Molex...

I already have a 6 pin but need the 8 pin for the other slot.
Thanks.

More about : pin pci pin molex adapter

a c 514 U Graphics card
February 2, 2014 11:01:04 AM

Your card will come with such an adapter.
Check out the pictures of the included parts:
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-276...

Of possible concern is why your psu does not have such leads.
It is often the case that is because it does not have sufficient power to drive them.
Exactly what psu do you have?
You will need 30a
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 11:12:53 AM

geofelt said:
Your card will come with such an adapter.
Check out the pictures of the included parts:
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-276...

Of possible concern is why your psu does not have such leads.
It is often the case that is because it does not have sufficient power to drive them.
Exactly what psu do you have?
You will need 30a


i am not sure why my psu doesnt have one but i dont know much about it.
i know it is a 600W?
Where can i check if it is a 30a?
also it comes with a 2x4 pin to 6 pin not a 2x4 to 8 pin.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 514 U Graphics card
February 2, 2014 11:28:53 AM

Every psu must have a UL data plate with specs.
Look for the combined 12v amps. It might be expressed in watts, in which case divide by 12.

Or... what is the brand name and model.
If it is very old, or is a cheap unit, you will not want to use it.
m
0
l
February 2, 2014 11:33:16 AM

geofelt said:
Every psu must have a UL data plate with specs.
Look for the combined 12v amps. It might be expressed in watts, in which case divide by 12.

Or... what is the brand name and model.
If it is very old, or is a cheap unit, you will not want to use it.


i just looked again and under where it says 12v it says 26a.
will i need a new psu ?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 514 U Graphics card
February 2, 2014 12:04:34 PM

Sam12399 said:
geofelt said:
Every psu must have a UL data plate with specs.
Look for the combined 12v amps. It might be expressed in watts, in which case divide by 12.

Or... what is the brand name and model.
If it is very old, or is a cheap unit, you will not want to use it.


i just looked again and under where it says 12v it says 26a.
will i need a new psu ?

Yes, you need something better.
Buy a tier 1 or 2 650w unit from this list :
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Share
February 2, 2014 12:20:30 PM

geofelt said:
Sam12399 said:
geofelt said:
Every psu must have a UL data plate with specs.
Look for the combined 12v amps. It might be expressed in watts, in which case divide by 12.

Or... what is the brand name and model.
If it is very old, or is a cheap unit, you will not want to use it.


i just looked again and under where it says 12v it says 26a.
will i need a new psu ?

Yes, you need something better.
Buy a tier 1 or 2 650w unit from this list :
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx



Is this one okay ?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA...
m
0
l