Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

processor choices I have 2 choices which is best?

  • CPUs
  • Processors
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
February 2, 2014 8:06:04 PM

Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor vs. 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz. What is the difference and which is preferable?

More about : processor choices choices

a c 490 à CPUs
a c 112 å Intel
February 2, 2014 8:15:06 PM

The i7 4770 is considerably better, but why are these your two choices?

Best solution

a c 87 à CPUs
a b å Intel
February 2, 2014 8:17:38 PM

they are very similar

the i7 has a bit more memory onboard to help it sort through data , its running a little faster , and it can hyperthread which means when a core is running at 60% load the processor will try and use the other 40% for something else if it needs too .

For gaming use the 3570, for encoding the 3770 is better

but both are now obsolete and replaced by the 4770 and 4670 . If they have a K on the end they can be overclocked . With no K its much harder to do that and results are limited