100% CPU usage and Physical memory

preeetam panwar

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
i have lenovo s10 ideapad. whenever i play any 720p video my cpu usage goes to 100% and video will not play properly. i have used many media players like, vlc media player, window media player, kmplayer, real player, freesmith player, gom player and others too. i have updated all the players.

Solution
Yeah, that ideapad is a little slow. I'm not sure there's much you can do.

Try antivirus/antimalware scans to get rid of any potential viruses hogging up CPU usage. You can also kill off any background processes or programs. You can try defragmenting your Hard Drive, as well as uninstalling any programs you don't use. Try removing any startup programs you don't use too.

These are all somewhat basic tips. I think you could do with an upgrade to a newer computer.
Yeah, that ideapad is a little slow. I'm not sure there's much you can do.

Try antivirus/antimalware scans to get rid of any potential viruses hogging up CPU usage. You can also kill off any background processes or programs. You can try defragmenting your Hard Drive, as well as uninstalling any programs you don't use. Try removing any startup programs you don't use too.

These are all somewhat basic tips. I think you could do with an upgrade to a newer computer.

Solution

Robin McClatchy

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014

I never had this problem with windows7. I just bought a new pc with Windows 8.1. The only way I can get the ram down I to restart.