Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing.

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 3, 2014 4:17:38 AM

So... I just built a new pc

And my ssd hdd are detected in my bios

I was using usb flash drive to install win os 7 enterprise retail.

While I was installing I got the message as stated on the title
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2014 4:23:05 AM

Is your usb 3.0 or 2.0?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2014 4:23:37 AM

kaiteck said:
So... I just built a new pc

And my ssd hdd are detected in my bios

I was using usb flash drive to install win os 7 enterprise retail.

While I was installing I got the message as stated on the title


Did you put USB stick to USB 3.0 on your PC?
If yes, then it's a reason why you received this message.
Try to put into usb 2.0, and repeat process.
Share
Related resources
February 3, 2014 4:34:05 AM

OH MY GOD I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE USB 3.0 is backward compatible. .
Ok its working now love u guys

But Why it doesnt work with usb 3?
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2014 4:35:57 AM

kaiteck said:
OH MY GOD I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE USB 3.0 is backward compatible. .
Ok its working now love u guys

But Why it doesnt work with usb 3?


They require driver update.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2014 4:38:25 AM

kaiteck said:
OH MY GOD I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE USB 3.0 is backward compatible. .
Ok its working now love u guys

But Why it doesnt work with usb 3?


It is backward compatible, but like ahmeday2012 said, they require drivers, and after installing drivers it will become backward compatible.
m
0
l
February 3, 2014 5:26:25 AM

oh guys babe i love u all. Running my build now no problem XDXD
m
0
l
March 15, 2014 1:15:12 AM

mironso said:
kaiteck said:
So... I just built a new pc

And my ssd hdd are detected in my bios

I was using usb flash drive to install win os 7 enterprise retail.

While I was installing I got the message as stated on the title


Did you put USB stick to USB 3.0 on your PC?
If yes, then it's a reason why you received this message.
Try to put into usb 2.0, and repeat process.


Hello there
I got the same setup - and the same installation problem
Well IT IS NOT the USB 2.0 causing the problem. !!!!!!!


m
0
l
!