Is this 550 watts PSU powerful enough for all my components?

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
The best way to make sure is to use a psu calculator, google; Thermaltake psu calculator plug in your details and it'll tell you your system wattage usage and then you'll know for sure better to be safe then sorry

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Sure is mate you want to leave at bear minimum 50W so I'd say a 650w and you'll be good, and you won't have to stress about using more wattage then you have. Now you just need to pick one you like, read some reviews and what not. Good luck mate, hope all goes well!

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Antec, silverstone, thermaltake, and XFX and aim for the 80+ gold and then it just comes down to if you want ones with led fans or not or the price, that's your personal choice based in budget and taste

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
The calculator I listed is recommended by most if the top computer review websites, it's a reference site for many online stores and I would be far more comfortable trusting a calculator designed by a company that makes PSU's to give you the best idea possible then any person

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Fine he can listen to you, but under high load that system will be asking for more power and if he ever wants to upgrade he'll have to buy a new psu.

However it's up to the poster, if he wants to risk it then that's his choice, my first though with computers is always go alittle more then you need just incase because electronics aren't forgiving