700 series GPU not supported by many editing software?

manbearpiig

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
Has anyone else experienced terrible or almost not existent performance boosts with the 700 series from Nvidia? My 560ti seemed to make Sony AVC redner a 1080p video at 20mbps, but with my brand new 780 ACX edition is taking 30 minutes..... what.... I would have thought it would have given much more performance boost but apparently not. Am I doing something wrong? Is this series just going to perform really poor for ever?

Solution
Your mistaking the concept of 'game rendering' with that of video rendering, which are two OPPOSITE techniques. The same 'problem' would be seen when trying to run AutoCAD VS. your expectations on performance. Gaming card (both cards mentioned) are to take data to render on the screen in the most optimized for Frames Per Second (FPS), not on 'crunching' the video to render its 'output' to file (as in the case of video editing, AutoCAD, etc.).

What you need is a Workstation Video Card, like the Quadro line that is maximized to render (compile, stream, edit, etc.) the video at the level demanded (1080p) in a timely manner.
Your mistaking the concept of 'game rendering' with that of video rendering, which are two OPPOSITE techniques. The same 'problem' would be seen when trying to run AutoCAD VS. your expectations on performance. Gaming card (both cards mentioned) are to take data to render on the screen in the most optimized for Frames Per Second (FPS), not on 'crunching' the video to render its 'output' to file (as in the case of video editing, AutoCAD, etc.).

What you need is a Workstation Video Card, like the Quadro line that is maximized to render (compile, stream, edit, etc.) the video at the level demanded (1080p) in a timely manner.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS