i7 2600 & gtx 780

popop246

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
So.. I was wondering if an intel core i7 2600 is enough with a gtx 780. The cpu is not overclockable so I'm not sure. Can you tell me would it bottleneck in most games?

Solution
shouldnt bottleneck any game. a lot of people make the same mistake thinking they need to run there cpu's at the fastest possible speeds for gaming. its just not needed most of the time with intel parts. occasional games will show a marked improvement like starcraft 2 but most will give less than 5 fps gain for as much as a 20% oc.
the i7 2600 has more than enough bandwidth to handle the 780 and then some, even at stock speeds.
shouldnt bottleneck any game. a lot of people make the same mistake thinking they need to run there cpu's at the fastest possible speeds for gaming. its just not needed most of the time with intel parts. occasional games will show a marked improvement like starcraft 2 but most will give less than 5 fps gain for as much as a 20% oc.
the i7 2600 has more than enough bandwidth to handle the 780 and then some, even at stock speeds.

Solution