Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Graphic card equivalent between laptop and desktop question?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 3, 2014 2:17:34 PM

I was just wondering what the Nvidia desktop equivalent is to the Nvidia 745m?
I have a laptop with the 745M, and I just wanted info on how it would compare to regular desktop graphic cards.
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2014 2:23:11 PM

Hey

The M means = for mobile defices ( not literally ), in this case a laptop is not BUT* it is a graphics card with lower power consumption ( lower clock speed ). You can't put a desktop GPU into a laptop or it will just burnnn

My friend got a latop with a 760M and a Desktop PC with a GTX 760, the difference in performace is about 20% less
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2014 2:27:20 PM

From what I've seen it's around a 550 Ti/650, probably a tad weaker than.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 3, 2014 2:38:14 PM

RulesSpew said:
Hey

The M means = for mobile defices ( not literally ), in this case a laptop is not BUT* it is a graphics card with lower power consumption ( lower clock speed ). You can't put a desktop GPU into a laptop or it will just burnnn

My friend got a latop with a 760M and a Desktop PC with a GTX 760, the difference in performace is about 20% less


I know you can't put a desktop graphics card into a laptop, but I just wanted to know what the equivalent was.

EDIT:
This is the Laptop I have HERE
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2014 2:40:30 PM

samuel32913 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

The M means = for mobile defices ( not literally ), in this case a laptop is not BUT* it is a graphics card with lower power consumption ( lower clock speed ). You can't put a desktop GPU into a laptop or it will just burnnn

My friend got a latop with a 760M and a Desktop PC with a GTX 760, the difference in performace is about 20% less


I know you can't put a desktop graphics card into a laptop, but I just wanted to know what the equivalent was.


It will have less performance than the desktop one, not by much :)  ( 10-20% )
m
0
l
February 3, 2014 2:44:08 PM

I just edited my previous post with a link to the laptop I have. If you need a reference to what Im talking about
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 3, 2014 2:52:22 PM

samuel32913 said:
I just edited my previous post with a link to the laptop I have. If you need a reference to what Im talking about


Sorry mate
My english skills are epic..

Hope this helps
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+G...

*

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=1714&gid2=...
Share
!