7990 vs 780Ti Classified

Perses85

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I currently have a Saphire HD 7990, and have been considering selling it to buy a 780ti Classified. The main reason for this is because Im looking to pick up a G-sync monitor when they drop. My question is would I be able to see a noticeable difference in my gameplay at 1080p after I have overclocked the 780ti? Also is there anywhere I can find benchmarks for these two cards against each other specifically because I have not been able to find a good comparison.

I currently have a Saphire HD 7990, and have been considering selling it to buy a 780ti Classified. The main reason for this is because Im looking to pick up a G-sync monitor when they drop. My question is would I be able to see a noticeable difference in my gameplay at 1080p after I have overclocked the 780ti? Also is there anywhere I can find benchmarks for these two cards against each other specifically because I have not been able to find a good comparison.

Because in order for him to use gsync he needs to buy a $700 gpu and a $400 screen so therefore it must be better

actual product with g-sync already available on the market albeit expensive. so far there is no monitor for freesync in the market. also as far as i know it is still a concept. still too many things were not answered by amd.

minerva330

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013

That what the ;) was for

Perses85

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
I actually hadn't heard of "free sync" until you guys mentioned it. Do you think that this would be a viable alternative to G-sync. I couldnt find any mentions of a release date and im currently playing on a old 720p tv so im looking to for a new monitor either way but if I could save the time and effort of selling and buying cards that would be nice.

minerva330

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Freesync is just a proof of concept right now, AMD displayed it at CES to show up Nvidia, with no release date. Gsync (and free sync) only makes sense on higher res/Hz monitors. If I were you I would wait to see what pans out with AMD (they could probably start implanting it on laptops fairly soon) because regardless of the outcome prices of gsync monitors will go down