Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Keep my 770, or go with 7850 crossfire

Tags:
  • Go
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
February 3, 2014 9:50:02 PM

I have two 7850's right in front of me.
I know i can litecoin mine to gain a few bucks in the next upcoming months (i don't pay for electricity)
What should i do?

More about : 770 7850 crossfire

February 3, 2014 11:42:15 PM

I'm a noob.
What exactly is litecoin mining?
m
0
l
February 4, 2014 12:33:01 AM

Sourpatchkid said:
I'm a noob.
What exactly is litecoin mining?


Cryptocurrency.
It's something new. Googling it would be your best option
m
0
l
Related resources
February 4, 2014 12:36:17 AM

For gaming the 770 is better because single GPU is usually better.
For mining the 7850s would be better
m
0
l
February 4, 2014 12:43:13 AM

smeezekitty said:
For gaming the 770 is better because single GPU is usually better.
For mining the 7850s would be better


Gaming is my main goal.
Mining would just be to get a few bucks.
From my understanding two 7850's are faster. I also play bf4.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 12:50:07 PM

Djentleman said:
smeezekitty said:
For gaming the 770 is better because single GPU is usually better.
For mining the 7850s would be better


Gaming is my main goal.
Mining would just be to get a few bucks.
From my understanding two 7850's are faster. I also play bf4.


If you play bf4 amd would be your best bet as its heavily amd optimised. Everyone I know with an nvidia card even 780 have bf4 lagging and rubber banding.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 12:52:46 PM

Nvidia cards cant cyrpto mine as far as im concerned
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 12:57:58 PM

2 7850's will crap all over the 770 for mining. They will probably be a little faster for gaming as well. You pay the price with increased noise and heat.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 1:50:27 PM

Djentleman said:
I have two 7850's right in front of me.
I know i can litecoin mine to gain a few bucks in the next upcoming months (i don't pay for electricity)
What should i do?


make separate machine? one for gaming and one for mining only :D 
m
0
l

Best solution

February 25, 2014 1:53:40 PM

Abdul0 said:
Djentleman said:
smeezekitty said:
For gaming the 770 is better because single GPU is usually better.
For mining the 7850s would be better


Gaming is my main goal.
Mining would just be to get a few bucks.
From my understanding two 7850's are faster. I also play bf4.


If you play bf4 amd would be your best bet as its heavily amd optimised. Everyone I know with an nvidia card even 780 have bf4 lagging and rubber banding.


i think the problem are more on the game itself rather than what brand gpu you use to play game. nvidia cards are doing quite well actually in BF4 even without mantle:

http://techreport.com/review/25995/first-look-amd-mantl...
Share
February 25, 2014 1:56:51 PM

BlankInsanity said:
Nvidia cards cant cyrpto mine as far as im concerned


they can but they are well behind radeon in this regard. with maxwell nvidia has improve their architecture to do cryto mining better
m
0
l