212 evo doesn't fit in case...

Miquel Casanovas

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Well, I just bought a cooler master hyper 212 evo and what was my surprise when, after installing it, the case didn't close. Stock cooler doesn't work and now i'm stuck with an open pc..
any solution? I do not wish to take it back, it's really quiet and I love it's temps.
my case sucks, no ventilation, no fans, too small...
any ideas for a new case? under 60 bucks, well ventilated and needs to come with fans.
i was looking at Gigabyte GZ-G1 Plus, which, if I am not mistaken, includes 4 case fans.

Solution
Well my go to for cases used to be the Antec 300 illusion, which came with 4 fans and it can fit the 212 evo easily.
But it is a little old fashioned now since it doesn't have USB3 frontpanel connectors.

Corsair 200R is $49.99 it comes with 2 fans which is quite sufficient to move enough air through the case and it has plenty of space.
Corsair 300R is $59.99 it comes with 2 fans and has more space than the 200R.

Both of them fit easily fit the 212 EVO

rvilkman

Distinguished
Well my go to for cases used to be the Antec 300 illusion, which came with 4 fans and it can fit the 212 evo easily.
But it is a little old fashioned now since it doesn't have USB3 frontpanel connectors.

Corsair 200R is $49.99 it comes with 2 fans which is quite sufficient to move enough air through the case and it has plenty of space.
Corsair 300R is $59.99 it comes with 2 fans and has more space than the 200R.

Both of them fit easily fit the 212 EVO

Solution

The three hundred two comes with USB 3.0 ports.
http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704793&pid=2
It just doesn't have LED fans, basically only difference between it and the illusion.

rvilkman

Distinguished
The problem with the 302 is that it only comes with 2 fans and both of those are in the back. Would need to add fans to the front.
Otherwise it is a nice improvement over the previous. But basically both of the corsair options at the moment are cheaper and better.

aL_Quarter

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014

i have the gz-g1 plus from gigabyte, I do have front usb 3.0.. do you think the evo 212 will fit my case http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4055#kf ?? please answer if possible

Miquel Casanovas

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Well, you should mesure your case and check how big the 212 is.