gigabyte z87-ud4h
2tb wd caviar black
hyper evo 212
6 x 120mm fans
evga gtx 780 superclocked
corsair rm750 watt 80 plus gold

my question: IS my psu enough to run gtx780 in sli or do i need more power

Solution
It should, but you will be cutting it close, and the RM750s have been known to have some issues. There was a recall on those at some point and I can't remember the time frame on them or the details about serial number range. Give that a look just to be sure. Personally I'd upgrade your PSU to be sure to an 850 of some sort, just to give you some headroom.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

I'd stick to Tier 1 or 2 if you can, especially with a power hungry system such as yours :) But if you can't afford a new PSU right now, your Corsair should run it ok, just double check to see if yours fell under the recall or not.

tachybana

Distinguished
are these components you're looking to buy? if so, scratch that RAM and get a reputable brand @1600Mhz (you won't need anything over that) and if you're thinking of pushing 780SLI, just get the 780Ti (and save some cash in the process or get a SSD of at least 128GB with the savings). Make certain that you will be gaming around 1440pm else is a uber waste of cash

Best Luck

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
It should, but you will be cutting it close, and the RM750s have been known to have some issues. There was a recall on those at some point and I can't remember the time frame on them or the details about serial number range. Give that a look just to be sure. Personally I'd upgrade your PSU to be sure to an 850 of some sort, just to give you some headroom.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

I'd stick to Tier 1 or 2 if you can, especially with a power hungry system such as yours :) But if you can't afford a new PSU right now, your Corsair should run it ok, just double check to see if yours fell under the recall or not.

Solution