570 gtx pixelation/bsod desktop/idling/gaming

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Was web browsing earlier on Chrome and randomly had the error "Display Driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode, Version 331.82 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" I've been using this driver since it was released and had no issues until today

So I head over to nvidia.com and download the latest driver 332.21. I pick custom install then tick the clean install settings. I go back to web browsing same error pops up. Pixelation happens across the entire screen. My temps are 31C web browsing and 60-78C depending on the game I am playing never had this issue while gaming it only started today. PSU is 750hx.

Here is a link for the .dmp http://www.mediafire.com/...65/020314-24070-01.zip

this isn't an issue unique to web browsing went to play a game and my screen pixelated and froze. Also it happens after booting up and sitting on the desktop with no games/browsers open. I am on all stock settings.

I've got no idea what is causing this and I am looking for help

Solution
I would contact them and see what they offer. I was in contact with another individual that bought one of my GTX 570s on ebay. His started dying finally, too. After contacting Evga, they offered to replace it with a 600 series of equal power because they didn't have any more 500 series available. At least, that was his story.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Hopefully the card isn't failing. The temps seem OK. I had a couple 570s awhile back. They run quite hot compared to today's cards. If those are the highest temps you get when the problem occurs, I guess there's no sense changing the thermal paste.
But you may want to run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both, just to feel more confident it isn't a software issue.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007

Thank you for the reply. I have removed all traces of nvidia through folders/registry using this guide before installing new drivers and old 314.22
http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I have been using Driver Sweeper for years and never had the issue the person in the other forum refers to. This version is the one I use now: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html And I've put together more builds than I can remember. I wouldn't have the patience to go through all those tedious steps manually. My personal feeling is folks that lost chipset files may have ticked too many boxes while in DS. And/or maybe didn't run DS from safe mode like they were suppose to.

However, in your case, it is looking like a hardware problem. Do you have another card you can test with for awhile to see if the issue is related to your GTX 570 or something else? Or integrated gxf even.

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Yep the graphics card was the culprit. I took it out popped in my 240 gt and didn't have any issues. Also popped the evga 570gtx hd into my brothers computer and he has the pixelation/lines/artifacts. Now i'm not sure if I should bother rmaing this it is within the 3 years and I registered it with evga within 30days. Only reason I am hesitant to rma is because I live in Canada and it will cost me $30-50 to mail it to evga then there is the chance I will get another doa card or it will fail eventually then I have to put down another $30-50

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I would contact them and see what they offer. I was in contact with another individual that bought one of my GTX 570s on ebay. His started dying finally, too. After contacting Evga, they offered to replace it with a 600 series of equal power because they didn't have any more 500 series available. At least, that was his story.

Solution

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007

I've already sent in a support ticket which is needed before rmaing just waiting for a response

TRENDING THREADS