hp 2000 keyboard keys zxcvbnm produce keys asdfghjkl in addition

Solution
Test with an external keyboard. That will rule out any software issues.

If you are certain the issue is not a bad keyboard, try re-seating the connectors. Since all they keys hit are right next to each other, it really looks like a keyboard issue. It may be something with the language setting, but if this is a recent issue, probably not that.

karatekla

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014

I got exactly the same problem on a laptop of a parent with Windows7: d=dc c=dc h=hn n=hn m=m, s=sx x=sx etc.
I'm searching for a solution. The keybord is german, the used language is italian.
I don't think it has tot do with the keybord being dirty or that someone spilled a liquid on it or something.
I'll let you know the very moment I'll find the solution...

Test with an external keyboard. That will rule out any software issues.

If you are certain the issue is not a bad keyboard, try re-seating the connectors. Since all they keys hit are right next to each other, it really looks like a keyboard issue. It may be something with the language setting, but if this is a recent issue, probably not that.

Solution

karatekla

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Good idea about trying an external keybord.

It also makes sense what you say about the keys that are one near to the other, making the double fonts, hitting just on one of those keys.
But the fact that Rasheed Bello has the problem with exactly the same combinations, could make us refer again to your first option.
I'll try the extern keybord when I find an adapter from the keybord-plug to an USB-plug.

Thanks hang-the-nine! :cool:

TRENDING THREADS