Solved

i5 3570 non k worth upgrade from fx6300 4.5ghz?

hi guys i currently have an fx6300 and a crappy board. im wondering if i should just get a 970board and overclock to 4.5ghz will cost about $40 after i sell my board or completely shift to a used intel i5 3570 and i would need to add around $80 for a good motherboard combination after i sell my 6300 and mobo.

is it worth the extra $40?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570 worth upgrade fx6300 5ghz
  1. If you'll be gaming, you won't see much difference, if any, but in normal compute tasks you will. I would just get a better board, I don't think it would be worth it, but I'm sure others will disagree lol
  2. HiTechObsessed said:
    If you'll be gaming, you won't see much difference, if any, but in normal compute tasks you will. I would just get a better board, I don't think it would be worth it, but I'm sure others will disagree lol

do you think a 500w thermaltake litepower handle a 4.5ghz oc?

this is my full spec

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2NKMQ and the site says my rig consumes 400w
  3. I wouldn't do a Thermaltake. You can get a 550w PSU from SeaSonic which would be perfect for all of that, with plenty of OC headroom, for the same price.
  4. Cause the price of a new motherboard and CPU, I would say no the performance boost is not worth the cost. It is much better in some areas like single-threaded performance, but in gaming the performance won't be so huge.
  5. You will see quite a big difference depending on what games you play. Multiplayer CPU intensive games will see the most benefit. I would go the i5 route if I were you, as $80 is chump change.
  6. You will see quite a big difference depending on what games you play. Multiplayer CPU intensive games will see the most benefit. I would go the i5 route if I were you, as $80 is chump change.
  7. Best answer
    BF4 and Civ 5 are some of the more CPU demanding games, I run an AMD 8320, my friend runs an i7, the different between FPS is <5 at any time in BF4, but also keep in mind my friends got a 780 with his i7 and I just have a 770. 6300 are fine chips I'm not sure why you think you should upgrade unless you have a couple 290x's in your rig.
  8. Yea for the cost there really isn't any good reason.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking CPUs Intel i5 Motherboards