Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Gaming Build- $1000.00-$1500.00

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 6, 2014 7:23:36 AM

Hello everyone, I'm looking to build my first gaming 'rig' and just wanted a quick opinion on this build as I plan to buy the components today.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.00)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($0.00)
Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Constellation ES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.95 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($519.99 @ Microcenter)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.98 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1219.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-06 10:54 EST-0500)





Regards,
TheStrongKey

More about : gaming build 1000 1500

February 6, 2014 7:27:14 AM

looks great. You could change to a 550-650w PSU as 750w is pretty overkill here but otherwise its a great build.
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 7:29:12 AM

tiny voices said:
looks great. You could change to a 550-650w PSU as 750w is pretty overkill here but otherwise its a great build.



Alright, I chose a larger PSU 'just in case' the computer might need the extra wattage from OC'ing or whatnot.
But I'll tone it down.

Thanks :)  !
m
0
l
Related resources
February 6, 2014 7:30:32 AM

that is a pretty good build you have there everything is pretty good the only thing i would say is you don't need the 4GB 770 unless you are gaming on multiple monitors, you can go with 650w psu if unless you are thinking about SLI in the future, you can save little bit money by getting seagate barracuda 1tb instead of the constellation and maybe change the ram to corsair or g.skill but thats mainly a personal preference other then that everything is good to go you have a good build man
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 7:41:18 AM

TheStrongKey said:
Alright, I chose a larger PSU 'just in case' the computer might need the extra wattage from OC'ing or whatnot.
But I'll tone it down.

Thanks :)  !


While 750W is overkill at stock - OC the CPU/GPU and headroom to possibly add a second GPU and 750W doesn't look bad.
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 7:47:52 AM

So, the 2GB 770 would perform just as well as the 4GB version?
The reason I ask is that I plan to play some heavily modded Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, ect and wouldn't mind spending an extra $100 to get better performance.

I'll probably stick with the 750W since its not too expensive and provides some room to OC then.
I'll take a look at G.Skill for RAM ;) 

Is the 780 worth the money? At this point I'm in the $500 range and the 780 is right around there also...
m
0
l

Best solution

February 6, 2014 7:51:57 AM

TheStrongKey said:
So, the 2GB 770 would perform just as well as the 4GB version?
The reason I ask is that I plan to play some heavily modded Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, ect and wouldn't mind spending an extra $100 to get better performance.

I'll probably stick with the 750W since its not too expensive and provides some room to OC then.
I'll take a look at G.Skill for RAM ;) 

Is the 780 worth the money? At this point I'm in the $500 range and the 780 is right around there also...


If you are going to be playing heavily modded games specially Skyrim then yes you need that 4GB memory and yes 780 is worth the money I have Gigabyte GTX 780 Ghz Edition and that thing is a beast it has better performance then a Titan and almost as good as a stock 780 Ti so if you can stretch the budget little bit i would recommend you get the 780
Share
February 6, 2014 7:55:45 AM

d4v0 said:
TheStrongKey said:
So, the 2GB 770 would perform just as well as the 4GB version?
The reason I ask is that I plan to play some heavily modded Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, ect and wouldn't mind spending an extra $100 to get better performance.

I'll probably stick with the 750W since its not too expensive and provides some room to OC then.
I'll take a look at G.Skill for RAM ;) 

Is the 780 worth the money? At this point I'm in the $500 range and the 780 is right around there also...


If you are going to be playing heavily modded games specially Skyrim then yes you need that 4GB memory and yes 780 is worth the money I have Gigabyte GTX 780 Ghz Edition and that thing is a beast it has better performance then a Titan and almost as good as a stock 780 Ti so if you can stretch the budget little bit i would recommend you get the 780


Just updated the build in the main post, let me know what you think.
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 8:02:53 AM

yes thats pretty good man like i said before you can change the hard drive to seagate barracuda 1tb you will save like 20 bucks if you dont care about that 20 then your build is good to go man...oh and also i dont see a case there do you have one already?
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 8:13:24 AM

d4v0 said:
yes thats pretty good man like i said before you can change the hard drive to seagate barracuda 1tb you will save like 20 bucks if you dont care about that 20 then your build is good to go man...oh and also i dont see a case there do you have one already?


Yup, already bought one when it was onsale...

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Chaser-VN300M1W2N-Tow...
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 8:16:09 AM

ok ya thats a pretty good case and i think you're good to go :) 
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 8:33:57 AM

Sweet, I appreciate the help and recommendations from everyone!
m
0
l
February 6, 2014 8:41:29 AM

glad to help :) 
m
0
l
!