$100 or less Gaming Headset for PC

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Just need a new Headset which ill use mostly for gaming. Recently i have been using the Turtle beach x11 that have begun to make odd noises once passed a certain threshold in volume, after noticing the sound i tried to use my Turtle beach xp300 with no success (it decided not to connect with a Bluetooth dongle which i bought specifically for that purpose *sigh*). So all this brought me here and google for research, What do you guys use, what have you heard and which headset out there would you suggest?

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

I was hoping someone would bring this set up. This was my favorite headset for the price, the only concern i have is the mic, does it capture sound well and is it very flexible, i only ask because i have only seen it straight and not bent toward your mouth. That and the G930

The mic moves up and down on a swivel. It works great. It is definitely not flexible. You raise the mic and it shuts off, you lower it and it turns on. It also has volume control on the outside of the left ear cup. The mic comes down to mouth level at the left just to the side of your mouth but does not go directly in front of your mouth. No one has ever complained about not being able to hear me or about ambient noise coming through my mic. At the $100 or less mark, the G35 and the G930 are the only two headsets I'd even consider. Compare the specs. The mic has 40Hz-20kHz dynamic range and the speakers have the full range of human hearing: 20Hz-20kHz. This is the first thing I look for in a head set. Do the speaker exhibit the full dynamic range? Yes. Other headsets at this price point don't have all of the features and specs of the G35 or G930.

I've used my G35 with ventrillo and teamspeak servers as well as in-game in BF4. No complaints from my clan/squad mates in any case.

The wireless version the G930 is actually a little cheaper right now at $99.99. I just don't trust wireless anything while I'm gaming. You don't want to be playing and then have to quit and charge the battery.

IMASHERIFF

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

"You don't want to be playing and then have to quit and charge the battery." you sure don't, i viewed a comparison video of the two, seem that the only difference is wireless button arrangement and the head strap, so not that much according to the video. Thanks for your quick response. if nobody else posts your comments will be the best solution.