Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HD 7870 Graphic card fan spins but no display?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 7, 2014 7:10:04 AM

My PowerColor HD 7870 fan spins but no display help I've tried everything.

78LMT-S2P
FX4100
8GB RAM
800 Watt PSU
HD 7870
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 8:20:37 AM

Try connecting the screen to the motherboard's onbaord graphics and see if it works.
m
l
February 7, 2014 8:22:28 AM

Gate9er said:
Try connecting the screen to the motherboard's onbaord graphics and see if it works.

It doesn't work if the graphic card is plugged in to the PSU both onboard and the graphic card
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 8:25:18 AM

I haven;t quite understood what you mean. Unplug the graphics card from the motherboard and the power supply. Then use the cable to connect the monitor straight to the motherboard.
m
l
February 7, 2014 8:28:16 AM

Gate9er said:
I haven;t quite understood what you mean. Unplug the graphics card from the motherboard and the power supply. Then use the cable to connect the monitor straight to the motherboard.

Yeah I know that works but I can't get my graphic card to work no matter what.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 8:36:10 AM

Have you tried booting up in safe mode?

P.S. I honestly hate PowerColour. So many people have problems with their products. Maybe you should RMA the card, get a full refund and buy a good brand.
m
l
February 7, 2014 8:38:52 AM

Gate9er said:
Have you tried booting up in safe mode?

P.S. I honestly hate PowerColour. So many people have problems with their products. Maybe you should RMA the card, get a full refund and buy a good brand.

I've tried returning the graphic card but they say its fine, don't know if true or not.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 8:40:04 AM

Connect the card and boot in safe mode. See if it works. Also what OS are you using?
m
l
February 7, 2014 8:57:07 AM

Gate9er said:
Connect the card and boot in safe mode. See if it works. Also what OS are you using?

I am using Windows 7 and how am I suppose to do that when there are no display from the GPU?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 9:06:56 AM

Connect the monitor with the motherboard leaving the graphics card plugged into the PCIe slot and the card's power cables unplugged. Boot into safe mode, and once inside plug the power cables on the card. See if the system recognizes the card.
m
l
February 7, 2014 9:32:51 AM

Gate9er said:
Connect the monitor with the motherboard leaving the graphics card plugged into the PCIe slot and the card's power cables unplugged. Boot into safe mode, and once inside plug the power cables on the card. See if the system recognizes the card.

The fan from the GPU runs very fast but still not recognized

m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 9:34:38 AM

Have you tried all the available PCIe slots?
m
l
February 7, 2014 9:36:32 AM

Gate9er said:
Have you tried all the available PCIe slots?

there is only 1 on my motherboard my previous GPU was HD 6570 and it worked fine.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 9:36:39 AM

And have you connected all the power cables on the gpu?
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 7, 2014 9:37:39 AM

Well then you should return the card and get your money back. This card won't work.
February 7, 2014 1:39:32 PM

Gate9er said:
Well then you should return the card and get your money back. This card won't work.

They say it worked fine, but there are no proof.
m
l
!