Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is my fx 8320 at 4.5ghz a good overclock with a voltage of 1.4250v and running 3d mark 11 a max temp of 50℃ a good overclock?

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
  • 3D
  • ASrock
  • AMD
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 7, 2014 8:01:20 AM

AsRock 970 extreme 4 mobo
Amd 8320 oc'd to 4.5ghz
Cpu voltage 1.425v
Sorry I'm a noob

I have had to increase the voltage to 1.45 for stability

More about : 8320 5ghz good overclock voltage 4250v running mark max temp good overclock

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 7, 2014 8:05:26 AM

I would say that's a good enough oc at that voltage for fx 8320.
Share
February 7, 2014 8:40:28 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
I would say that's a good enough oc at that voltage for fx 8320.


Do you think it's worth pushing it anymore i get a 3dmark 11 score of P10165
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
February 7, 2014 9:38:04 AM

dru said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
I would say that's a good enough oc at that voltage for fx 8320.


Do you think it's worth pushing it anymore i get a 3dmark 11 score of P10165

It's totally safe untill you reach 60C. BTW What cooler do you have?
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 10:21:26 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
dru said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
I would say that's a good enough oc at that voltage for fx 8320.


Do you think it's worth pushing it anymore i get a 3dmark 11 score of P10165

It's totally safe untill you reach 60C. BTW What cooler do you have?


I have the cooler master seidon 120v with 2 cooler master jetflo 120mm fans in push pull
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 11:52:31 AM

I have the cooler master seidon 120v with 2 cooler master jetflo 120mm fans in push pull[/quotemsg]

How well does that cooler do? What are your idle and load temps?
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 11:59:42 AM

footbrake4life said:
I have the cooler master seidon 120v with 2 cooler master jetflo 120mm fans in push pull


How well does that cooler do? What are your idle and load temps?[/quotemsg]

My idle temp on my overclock is around 32 and load i have it set up so the fans kick in at 50 so never goes over around 55 I have replsced the stock fan though with 2 cooler master jetflo fans and it is a brilliant cooler
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 12:03:52 PM

Nice, what monitoring system are you using because I have an FX 8120 @4Ghz and core temp is telling me I idle at 13c and under load I'm at like 35c and I'm only air cooled.
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 12:12:41 PM

footbrake4life said:
Nice, what monitoring system are you using because I have an FX 8120 @4Ghz and core temp is telling me I idle at 13c and under load I'm at like 35c and I'm only air cooled.


I'm using hwinfo64 and my asrock axtu mobo software and your idle temp will never be lower than room temp so id say yours are inaccurate
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 1:21:45 PM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
I would say that's a good enough oc at that voltage for fx 8320.


I have had to put my voltage up again to 1.4625v what would you suggest
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 1:36:31 PM

I don't know know exactly what voltage to stay below but I personally did not go over 1.375 with stock voltage at 1.35. I don't know what your voltage is but you way want to back off your multiplier a little until you find out what voltage not to exceed.
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 2:25:53 PM

footbrake4life said:
I don't know know exactly what voltage to stay below but I personally did not go over 1.375 with stock voltage at 1.35. I don't know what your voltage is but you way want to back off your multiplier a little until you find out what voltage not to exceed.


my bios has a limit i can not exceed of 1.525 or 1.550 can't remember wich but the bios has a safety limit it physically won't let me go over anyway
m
0
l
a c 414 K Overclocking
a c 1057 à CPUs
a c 444 À AMD
February 7, 2014 5:44:36 PM

That's a decent overclock.
m
0
l
February 7, 2014 6:00:49 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
That's a decent overclock.


I've had to back it down to 4.2ghz @ 1.435v to get it completely stable on prime95 with a max temp of 57 and an average of 46.6
m
0
l
June 25, 2014 12:05:54 AM

hy all, im using the same procesor and at 4.2 i leave it normal/auto voltage, 1.4 is given by my motherboard, cpuz rejects the settings. what is wrong ? do i need to disable some settings on bios ? or something ? is it stable on this voltage? i used prime for 20 minutes and was ok.

Any suggestions for bios settings ? i dont need to push it to the limit, i just need to run smooth.
sometimes the led for the cpu on the case stays on and computer freezes, just mouse is free......is that from the cpu ?
other settings in bios: all are default, including cool and quiet and other power saving options....

Mobo: GA-990XA-UD3
cooler : Zalman CNPS10X Performa push pull
PSU: NAXN 80+ 500W


Hope to get some answers and solutions.
Thank you.
m
0
l
August 15, 2014 9:56:16 PM

i have an asrock 990fx mobo as well and an 8320 but im having to put my voltage all the way to 1.475 just to get past 4.2 thinking i may have just gotten a dud anybody else had this type of results
m
0
l
!