Help $800 budget System questions

Cephii

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
So I have made a few posts before on this and I finally found something that fits my budget. My question is with the system I have is there any incompatibilities? On PCPartPicker it keeps saying there is conflicting parts and something about BIOS update prior to using Vishera CPU's. What does this mean? (Been on console my whole life. Best PC I have used was a $300 walmart laptop) so not a clue what it means. With this build my original plan was to go with the Phenom II x4 965 BE but I heard for the games I want to play (Mainly Skyrim with as many mods as I can.immersion, weapon, armor, sound mods some overhauls) require a really strong CPU.
So the questions are as follow:
1) With this system can I run Skyrim on ultra with mods?
2) Any incompatibilities?
3) Could I go down to the Phenom II x4 965 BE and be fine/ bump up my GPU with extra money?
3) If yes to the above, should I go with a better GPU or monitor?
4) Finally with the case I have do I need CPU cooler and case fans or not? I was told I didn't since I can't afford to OC with my budget, but when I watched Newegg they used CPU cooler and case fan even though the case they used had preinstalled CPU fans.

I'm buying today so as soon as I can get these answered the better! Thanks!!

Build is here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cephii/saved/3ChL

animal

Distinguished
You will probably be hard pressed putting together an $800 gaming system to play as you have indicated. In answer to question 2:

2. The only possible incompatibility is your mobo may not recognize your CPU if you get one with an older BIOS. To recognize your CPU, your motherboard may need to have its BIOS updated, which usually requires a compatible CPU to be installed, so unless you have a compatible CPU laying around, you could be screwed.

Cephii

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

Haven't bought anything yet. Any different CPU or Mobo I could get? Oh and I put together a different build that someone from Nexusmods told me to use. Is it good? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Cephii/saved/3GnU Almost the same build different monitor and Mobo. He said it should be fine, but I want to make sure I don't get screwed and have a useless part.

TRENDING THREADS