7850 2gb Fan Making Noise

Vankovas

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I bought a Radeon HD 7850 2gb Sapphire and the fans make some kind of noise at fan speed 41%-58% . After 58% The noise stops and the fan is back to normal (excluding the noise from the high rpm) . I looked at the fan and it wasn't scratching the plastic around it . I turned over the card to look at it for a minute put it back in(fans directed down like they are usually) and i stopped doing that noise. But after a while it started again. Please if you have a solution it will be helpful :)

FriedSalmon

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I don't know what could be causing the noise but the only solution I could think of would be to go into a program like Sapphire Trixx then set the fan speed to start at 58% for the lowest temperatures then just increase it to your liking as the temps rise. Sorry I couldn't help.

Elendrill

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I have a similar problem with my Gigabyte GTX660TI. One of the fans makes a rattling noise at a certain RPM, I tried stopping the fan with my finger for a second and the noise dissapeared so it was definitely the fan. Some people say that tightening the screws which hold the it to the plastic shroud should fix the issue but I just use software to control the fan speed.