Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

My new motherboard keeps restarting my PC

Tags:
  • Windows
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 8, 2014 12:16:57 PM

Hi, I recently brought a new motherboard and I installed it but every time I launch windows it crashes. I have tried startup repair and still it does not work, I have tried to boot the cd that came with the motherboard still nothing is working. Can someone please help?
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU: AMDFX 8320
GPU:AMD XFX 7970
PSU: Corsair CX500 watt

More about : motherboard restarting

February 8, 2014 12:24:38 PM

wait, you built in a new motherboard? Try formating and reinstalling windows instead of repairing it ... the cd that came with the motherboard contains drivers for when you actually can launch windows..
m
0
l
February 8, 2014 12:51:17 PM

Does it get stuck on the windows loading screen? I would recheck all the hardware to make sure everything is secure just to be safe.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 8, 2014 1:17:23 PM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
Does it get stuck on the windows loading screen? I would recheck all the hardware to make sure everything is secure just to be safe.


No, it says starting up windows then it freezes and shows a blue screen very quickly and restarts it does this over and over.
m
0
l
February 8, 2014 1:43:08 PM

What error message does it display? It would be a series of 0000's
m
0
l
February 8, 2014 5:02:51 PM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
What error message does it display? It would be a series of 0000's

There is no error message it just crashes and restarts.
m
0
l
February 8, 2014 5:34:30 PM

sounds like bad ram.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 3:40:57 AM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
sounds like bad ram.

Is it? Because i have 4 RAM slots and i have put the RAM stick 4 slots.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 12:58:43 PM

ARe you saying you have ram in all four slots? Also are they all the same speed? Finally take all but one stick out and try to boot, if it crashes go onto the next stick until you have tried all four. If onetime it boots that stick is good, if it doesn't boot then that stick is bad.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 1:11:36 AM

The_Distinct said:
ambiguousmoth1337 said:
sounds like bad ram.

Is it? Because i have 4 RAM slots and i have put the RAM stick 4 slots.

No, I have one RAM stick and i have tried putting it in all four of the slots.
But I put my old MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard in and it starts up my os and work perfectly fine. Except for the occasional freezing situation when i play games like BF3, FarCry 3 and Crysis 3.

m
0
l

Best solution

February 10, 2014 1:55:05 AM

Ok when you put the new motherboard in there you have to format your hdd, and then install the os again.
Share
February 10, 2014 1:56:31 AM

when you have the new board and you were trying to load the same os on the hdd from the old board that would be causing your problems. So just format, re-install and you should be up in no time.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 3:40:09 AM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
when you have the new board and you were trying to load the same os on the hdd from the old board that would be causing your problems. So just format, re-install and you should be up in no time.


I know i need to reinstall my os but i tried using a flashdrive to install the os but the motherboard isnt picking it up, it know there is a flashdrive inserted it just wont install it. But when i put my old motherboard back into my pc it can read the inserted flash drive and it auto matically boots up os on the flash drive.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 3:43:09 AM

Yeah you need to put the new motherboard in, then put the os boot disk in your cd/dvd drive. That new motherboard won't pick up the flash drive because it needs the drivers installed.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 5:13:19 AM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
Ok when you put the new motherboard in there you have to format your hdd, and then install the os again.


How do I Format my HDD? And will it erase everything on my HDD?
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 5:33:34 AM

Yes, when you format a HDD everything is wiped off of the drive. I take it you are using 7 if not let me know, but take your windows 7 installation disk and put it into your drive. After that restart your computer, and hold down either f11 or f12 can't recall. After you find out which one works, it will bring up the prompt showing your HDD/cd/dvd-drive etc. Click boot from cd/dvd, then when you get into the windows PE/RE, It should should show a window with installation in it.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 5:41:51 AM

Check your Mainboard Socket..
i think socket pins are broken
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 5:42:18 AM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
Yes, when you format a HDD everything is wiped off of the drive. I take it you are using 7 if not let me know, but take your windows 7 installation disk and put it into your drive. After that restart your computer, and hold down either f11 or f12 can't recall. After you find out which one works, it will bring up the prompt showing your HDD/cd/dvd-drive etc. Click boot from cd/dvd, then when you get into the windows PE/RE, It should should show a window with installation in it.

Yes, I am using windows 7 so will this format my HDD automatically or do i have to do it manually? If so, how do i do it?
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 5:48:33 AM

when you get to the installation window, it will bring you to the partion configuration and you do it there.
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 6:08:44 AM

ambiguousmoth1337 said:
Yes, when you format a HDD everything is wiped off of the drive. I take it you are using 7 if not let me know, but take your windows 7 installation disk and put it into your drive. After that restart your computer, and hold down either f11 or f12 can't recall. After you find out which one works, it will bring up the prompt showing your HDD/cd/dvd-drive etc. Click boot from cd/dvd, then when you get into the windows PE/RE, It should should show a window with installation in it.

Ok, I'll try it.
m
0
l
!