Solved

$100 or less Gaming Headset for PC Gaming

Yesterday i had bought the Razer Taimat 2.2 Headset, i don't like it. Which brings me here, which headset in your guys opinions is THE best for the 100 price range. I will probably only use them for gaming.

Plantronics Gamescom 780 vs Logitech G35 vs Steelseries Siberia V2. these were some of the few i have been looking at to replace the Tiamat.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 100 gaming headset gaming
  1. Best answer
    Well, there are a bunch of options. Wireless is always nice, but tends to be a bit more expensive. I have a Corsair Vengeance 2000, but it's around 140. Definitely worth it if you can afford it. You do lose a bit of quality, but on a more expensive headset that will be negligible. USB is always nice because you're not limited by generally low quality onboard audio. If you're stuck to $100, I would go for a Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D Rage, it is wireless, looks great, is well built, and more importantly, has good sound quality.

    Another really nice one is the Steelseries Siberia V2, it is wired, but has a good length cord and is probably the most popular gaming headset out there. It's incredibly comfortable and has great sound quality. It comes in a bunch of colors, and is $89.99 on their website, or $109.99 for the USB, although you can often get a refurbished one for around $40, definitely a good deal. For a bit more you can also get the frost blue or heat orange that glow, but considering it's going to be on your head, it's not really worth it unless you're going to LAN parties and want to show off.
  2. if you are going to be using VOIP lots then i would recommend the Plantronics Gamecom 780 because of the great mic pretty good sound quality

    other great alternatives would be the Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2, Logitech G35/G930 and Plantronics RIG
  3. I will be doing quite a bit of VOIP. How does the Steelseries Siberia V2 compare to the Plantronics Gamecom 780 and the Plantronics RIG, i haven't heard much of them, are they a as good as the Plantronics Gamecom 780 or better because the mix controller?

    Sound quality matter a big more then the mic to me although i would like a clear and moderately loud mic.
  4. The Siberia has better sound quality, it has 50mm drivers meaning you also get more bass, and just more sound in general. It also has one of the best mics on the market.
  5. ewok93 said:
    The Siberia has better sound quality, it has 50mm drivers meaning you also get more bass, and just more sound in general. It also has one of the best mics on the market.


    well sweet i'm convinced, I have already done a bit of research, that was my number one pick thanks for the reassurance :). but i'm still curious how good is the Plantronics RIG. and the Steelseries does not have 7.1 surround unlike Plantronics Gamecom 780, will this be a problem?
  6. It's not true 7.1 surround sound, and honestly it just makes it sound weird on most headsets.
  7. ewok93 said:
    It's not true 7.1 surround sound, and honestly it just makes it sound weird on most headsets.


    hmm is it because it has one speaker in each ear cup not multiple?
  8. I also have one more question. What is the diffrence between Steelseries Siberia V2 and the frost blue version?
  9. The frost blue has lights.
  10. ewok93 said:
    Well, there are a bunch of options. Wireless is always nice, but tends to be a bit more expensive. I have a Corsair Vengeance 2000, but it's around 140. Definitely worth it if you can afford it. You do lose a bit of quality, but on a more expensive headset that will be negligible. USB is always nice because you're not limited by generally low quality onboard audio. If you're stuck to $100, I would go for a Creative Soundblaster Tactic3D Rage, it is wireless, looks great, is well built, and more importantly, has good sound quality.

    Another really nice one is the Steelseries Siberia V2, it is wired, but has a good length cord and is probably the most popular gaming headset out there. It's incredibly comfortable and has great sound quality. It comes in a bunch of colors, and is $89.99 on their website, or $109.99 for the USB, although you can often get a refurbished one for around $40, definitely a good deal. For a bit more you can also get the frost blue or heat orange that glow, but considering it's going to be on your head, it's not really worth it unless you're going to LAN parties and want to show off.


    ewok93 said:
    The frost blue has lights.


    just picked up the Steelseries Siberia V2 frost blue edition. thanks for all your help i truly appreciate it ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Peripherals Gaming Headsets PC gaming Gaming Razer