Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Stuck on windows logo when onboard graphic card's vga is enabled

Tags:
  • GPU Fan
  • RAM
  • VGA
  • 560 ti
  • Graphics Cards
  • Triple Channel
  • Graphics
  • Gtx
  • onboard
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 9, 2014 10:35:42 AM

Hey guys, i have run into some trouble running three screens at once ever since i installed new RAM sticks. I have looked all around for help on this and you are my last hope. Hopefully your knowledge on computers can help me.

So, i have a GTX 560 TI as well as an inboard graphic card, my GTX can only have 2 screens connected at once (yay nvidia!), so i enabled my inboard graphic card's VGA port through the bios.
This lasted for a long time and i could have triple screens just fine.
But ever since i bought new RAM of sticks of 16GB (2x8GB) to replace my old RAM of 4GB (2x2GB). I cannot seem to make my third screen work.

Every time i enable my inboard graphic card's VGA port, windows won't boot up, it just stays in the windows logo forever. I have been only using 2 screens since then.

I already reverted the bios back to factory default, checked any possible problems with MemTest, looked around online for people with the same problem as me.. I just can't find a solution.

>>RAM upgrade has made my inboard VGA stop working.<<

Thanks for reading.

More about : stuck windows logo onboard graphic card vga enabled

a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2014 10:49:23 AM

What is your motherboard's model?
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 10:58:38 AM

Gate9er said:
What is your motherboard's model?

There you go:


Thanks for the reply man :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2014 11:00:59 AM

And what RAM did you buy?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2014 11:21:03 AM

Hi
What happens if you use one 8 GB ram module?

Have you got the latest Intel driver for your onboard graphics ?

Regards

Mike Barnes

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2014 11:21:57 AM

Well first of all your motherboard supports up to 1333Mhz bandwidth, and your ram sticks run at 1600Mhz. This means that the ram sticks will downgrade to match the capabilities of your motherboard therefore they won't be able to give you their maximum performance. On the other hand this is not enough to cause your current problem. I would suggest connecting the first monitor to your gpu and the second one to the motherboard. See if this works out and post the results here.
m
0
l
February 12, 2014 12:49:35 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply :( 

mbarnes86 said:
What happens if you use one 8 GB ram module?

Haven't tried this yet. I'll try it this weekend.

mbarnes86 said:

Have you got the latest Intel driver for your onboard graphics ?

I have a Intel Core i5 2400 CPU with a Intel HD graphics 1000 apparently, i can't seem to find any new drivers online though..

Thanks for the help

m
0
l
February 12, 2014 12:50:55 PM

Gate9er said:
Well first of all your motherboard supports up to 1333Mhz bandwidth, and your ram sticks run at 1600Mhz. This means that the ram sticks will downgrade to match the capabilities of your motherboard therefore they won't be able to give you their maximum performance. On the other hand this is not enough to cause your current problem. I would suggest connecting the first monitor to your gpu and the second one to the motherboard. See if this works out and post the results here.

Hey again thanks for the help, i tried switching the monitors around and same results.

m
0
l
February 12, 2014 12:53:25 PM

Today i enabled my onboard VGA and let windows boot, i waited for what seemed like 15 to 20 minutes and windows actually started but it was incredibly slow, i noticed the CPU usage was going crazy from 90% to 100%.. Might be a clue for you guys :) 
m
0
l
February 14, 2014 4:09:10 PM

BUMP
m
0
l
February 18, 2014 6:50:47 AM

Shameful bump.
m
0
l
!