Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

1333mhz 4gb RAM on g41t-m6

Tags:
  • RAM
  • Computers
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
February 9, 2014 4:25:27 PM

i have a G41T-M6 mobo and i bought a new Kingston 4gb 1333mhz RAM. when i installed the ram my computer turns on but shows no post and gives no beep, after about 2-4 seconds it restarts. i just swapped from an old mobo p5kpl-am-se, so i cant test if the old RAM would work. when the new mobo was tested in the shop it worked with their own RAM. i wasn't able to ask what ram he was using, the technician only said that it was a 4gb ram and i think he said the new mobo was compatible with 1333mhz.

when i removed the RAM from my mobo and booted i t up i got 3 short beeps meaning its not detecting a RAM, but when i put back the ram it doesnt give a beep and just restarts and restarts.

is this a bad RAM? i dont have any friends that has a computer compatible with my new RAM so i cant test it. please help me..

More about : 1333mhz 4gb ram g41t

a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 4:47:14 PM

likley bad or incmpatable RAM. Can you take the RAM to the shop that tested the motherboard and have them ths the RAM?
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 4:50:22 PM

navalweaponsofficer said:
likley bad or incmpatable RAM. Can you take the RAM to the shop that tested the motherboard and have them ths the RAM?


yeah i'll try that this coming Saturday since i dont have much time right now. can you suggest some things that i can do in the meantime?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 4:59:32 PM

Sence you dont have anyother ram to use their is not much you can do. You can try cleaning the memory and the memory slot and ensure that it is completely and properly seated in the memory slot. Other than that their is nothing you can do until you get differant memory.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 5:06:30 PM

navalweaponsofficer said:
Sence you dont have anyother ram to use their is not much you can do. You can try cleaning the memory and the memory slot and ensure that it is completely and properly seated in the memory slot. Other than that their is nothing you can do until you get differant memory.


thats a bummer. so theres nothing i can do right now.

m
0
l
a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 5:12:47 PM

A computer will not operate without RAM installed and you cannot put DDR2 into a DDR3 slot. The only option you have it to put your old MB with old ram and CPU back into the case and use the old hardware until you can get the DDR3 tested or replaced.
m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 9, 2014 5:23:07 PM

Get into the BIOS and check that the FSB is 1333 or higher, even then may have problems, the mobo specs call for 4GB max, and that's normally in a 2x2GB config, also think that mobo only supports up to 1066 officially
m
0
l
a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 5:41:07 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Get into the BIOS and check that the FSB is 1333 or higher, even then may have problems, the mobo specs call for 4GB max, and that's normally in a 2x2GB config, also think that mobo only supports up to 1066 officially


Unfortnatly his system does not post so he cannot check that, however you brought up a great point reguarding max supported memory.

Azure24,
I orignaly stated that the memory was bad or incompatable. The memory you have is probebly good but it is of an unsupported density you will need to use 2 DIMMs to get 4GB of ram 2x2 as stated by Tradesman1.
m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 9, 2014 6:00:40 PM

Update: I pulled an old manual out, they did come out with a Ver 2 and the ver 3 of that mobo, which do support 4GB sticks, so check the mobo version, same is still true though that you'll to increase the FSB to 1333 to run at full spec if you have the ver 2 or 3, if it's the original Ver 1, then it is limited to 2GB sticks
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:11:19 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Update: I pulled an old manual out, they did come out with a Ver 2 and the ver 3 of that mobo, which do support 4GB sticks, so check the mobo version, same is still true though that you'll to increase the FSB to 1333 to run at full spec if you have the ver 2 or 3, if it's the original Ver 1, then it is limited to 2GB sticks


sorry, forgot to include the version number, its actually a version 3.0. by the way is it compatible with a 1333 mhz ram?

m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 9, 2014 6:16:38 PM

Yes, then, still need FSB to 1333 to run at full Spec, might be your sticks default to 1066 and the mobos default is 800
m
0
l
a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 6:20:06 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Update: I pulled an old manual out, they did come out with a Ver 2 and the ver 3 of that mobo, which do support 4GB sticks, so check the mobo version, same is still true though that you'll to increase the FSB to 1333 to run at full spec if you have the ver 2 or 3, if it's the original Ver 1, then it is limited to 2GB sticks


I just found that even the V1.0 will support 8GB of ram with BIOS update. Unfortnatly to update the BIOS (if you have a V1.0) you will need a 2GB DIMM. the BIOS and information can be found here http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail...
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:22:27 PM

navalweaponsofficer said:
Tradesman1 said:
Update: I pulled an old manual out, they did come out with a Ver 2 and the ver 3 of that mobo, which do support 4GB sticks, so check the mobo version, same is still true though that you'll to increase the FSB to 1333 to run at full spec if you have the ver 2 or 3, if it's the original Ver 1, then it is limited to 2GB sticks


I just found that even the V1.0 will support 8GB of ram with BIOS update. Unfortnatly to update the BIOS (if you have a V1.0) you will need a 2GB DIMM. the BIOS and information can be found here http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail...


i just saw that its a ver 3.0.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:23:39 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Yes, then, still need FSB to 1333 to run at full Spec, might be your sticks default to 1066 and the mobos default is 800


so will i borrow a 1066 ram or something?
m
0
l
a b } Memory
February 9, 2014 6:31:35 PM

1333 memory will defualt to 1066. Your memory is likley bad (or your board just does not like it (unlikley but possable)) you need to have it tested or borrow a DIMM from someone to get your comp running.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:34:01 PM

navalweaponsofficer said:
1333 memory will defualt to 1066. Your memory is likley bad (or your board just does not like it (unlikley but possable)) you need to have it tested or borrow a DIMM from someone to get your comp running.


i see. i'll try to isolate the issue but if its still the same ill be taking this to the shop for the 3rd time. thanks.

m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:39:28 PM

by the way how to i change the FSB again? hehe. not a noob but not a pro also.
m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 9, 2014 6:43:36 PM

In the BIOS, in the advanced section, keep inmind that OCs the bulk of the system including the CPU, so may have to dial back the multiplier on your CPU
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 6:50:24 PM

Tradesman1 said:
In the BIOS, in the advanced section, keep inmind that OCs the bulk of the system including the CPU, so may have to dial back the multiplier on your CPU


how much would i "dial back" the multiplier then?

m
0
l

Best solution

a c 5047 } Memory
February 9, 2014 7:20:40 PM

Prob 2 clicks, maybe 3 at most
Share
February 9, 2014 7:26:40 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Prob 2 clicks, maybe 3 at most


ok, gonna those steps later.
m
0
l
February 9, 2014 9:03:08 PM

will i take the ram back to the store and replace it with a 1066mhz ram?
m
0
l
February 11, 2014 7:04:29 PM

UPDATE: i took the computer to the shop last night it worked, but foe some reason the only ram that it would work on was a 2gb 1066mhz one. so weird.
m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 11, 2014 8:15:29 PM

How long have you had the mobo? If new may want to exchange it, if older if you can find DRAM that will work with it, make sure the BIOS is the latest and see what it does, may even want to pull the guts and bench it, have a guide that might help here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1753671/bench-troubl...
m
0
l
February 11, 2014 9:31:01 PM

Tradesman1 said:
How long have you had the mobo? If new may want to exchange it, if older if you can find DRAM that will work with it, make sure the BIOS is the latest and see what it does, may even want to pull the guts and bench it, have a guide that might help here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1753671/bench-troubl...


thanks for the info Tradesman1 and everyone, but unfortunately the issue was with the motherboard. they figured out that it was a mobo issue. now they have my PC and will contact me when to pick it up.

m
0
l
a c 5047 } Memory
February 12, 2014 7:45:00 AM

Hopefully the wait will be a short one, know how people hate to be without
m
0
l
February 18, 2014 12:38:48 AM

got it back(at last!), they gave me an ECS mobo, forgot the model i think it was something like g33t or g41t. by the way, the issue has been solved. thanks again everyone. Now playing Terraria 1.2.3!!
m
0
l