Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I have a hard drive seperated in 2 partitions, but now after installation my pc won't show second hard drive

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
  • Hard Drives
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 10, 2014 7:19:34 AM

Hi there,

On the time while I was installing new windows 7 64 bit, I have a hard drive seperated in 2 partitions, but now after installation my pc won't show second hard drive on My Computer. It shows only drive C: but not drive D:
What should I do to get back drive D: ?

More about : hard drive seperated partitions installation show hard drive

a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2014 7:23:35 AM

Could you check in the 'Disk Management' section if it will show two drives?
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 7:42:42 AM

I am worried to ask because I never had any issue with hard drives so where I can found 'Disk management'' and what exactly I need to in there?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2014 7:45:20 AM

James Jean said:
I am worried to ask because I never had any issue with hard drives so where I can found 'Disk management'' and what exactly I need to in there?


Here's How:

Click on the Start button and then choose 'Control Panel'.

Click on the 'System and Security' link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.

In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.

When Computer Management opens, click on 'Disk Management' on the left side of the window, located under Storage.

After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.
Share
February 10, 2014 7:54:08 AM

Thank you for your help. I found 'unlocated' drive and did manage to create volume, so now second drive. Thank you very much!
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2014 7:55:39 AM

James Jean said:
Thank you for your help. I found 'unlocated' drive and did manage to create volume, so now second drive. Thank you very much!


Your welcome.
Happy to help :) 
m
0
l
October 2, 2014 9:28:23 PM

ahmeday2012 said:
James Jean said:
I am worried to ask because I never had any issue with hard drives so where I can found 'Disk management'' and what exactly I need to in there?


Here's How:

Click on the Start button and then choose 'Control Panel'.

Click on the 'System and Security' link.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.

In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.

When Computer Management opens, click on 'Disk Management' on the left side of the window, located under Storage.

After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.


ahmeday2012 said:
James Jean said:
Thank you for your help. I found 'unlocated' drive and did manage to create volume, so now second drive. Thank you very much!


Your welcome.
Happy to help :) 



what if there are two partitions and only one will create a volume and the other one wont?
m
0
l
!