Solved

Trying to recover data from an old HDD

I am trying to recover some data from a HDD for a guy I work with. The HDD is a old Western Digital. We have hooked it to a IDE to USB and the computer recognizes that it is connected but it asks to initialize the HDD but no matter what we try it will not initialize and gives an error. Is there anything that we can do? Thanks in advance for the help.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about recover data hdd
  1. Try this software and see if it recovers it for you:

    http://www.easeus.com/resource/hard-disk-data-recovery.htm

    Hope that helps.
  2. try also recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    it has an option to scan uninitialized drives in advanced options:
  3. laviniuc said:
    try also recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    it has an option to scan uninitialized drives in advanced options:


    Is this option only in the paid version?
  4. Best answer
    skust said:
    laviniuc said:
    try also recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    it has an option to scan uninitialized drives in advanced options:


    Is this option only in the paid version?


    http://www.mightorindustries.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/recuva_002.png last checkbox
  5. laviniuc said:
    skust said:
    laviniuc said:
    try also recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
    it has an option to scan uninitialized drives in advanced options:


    Is this option only in the paid version?


    http://www.mightorindustries.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/recuva_002.png last checkbox


    Thank you - We checked that and ran it but it will not scan this drive... We can only see this HDD in Disk Management where it is labeled as uninitialized. We will keep trying. Thanks again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Western Digital Storage Hard Drives