Solved

What is the motherboard of the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Small Form Factor PC?

I am thinking about buying the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Small Form Factor PC. But there's one problem, i dont know if I can use the graphics card I want with it. I have a GTX 460 and a 900W power supply that I could use for it but i dont know if the motherboard supports the graphics card or the power supply that i want to use. When i look at the specs of the system on HP it sais that it has Low Profile PCIe x16 slots. It doesnt say normal PCie x16. So will my GTX 460 work with it or not? And same goes for the 900W power supply. Thanks, need an answer very soon if possible.
Reply to NSainGaming
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard compaq elite 8300 small form factor
  1. No. Low profile Pcie means that the metal bracket on the back of the Graphics card is half size, meaning that the case is too narrow and your 460 will not fit. You could try searching for a half size bracket online and buy one.
    Reply to CJb_432
  2. CJb_432 said:
    No. Low profile Pcie means that the metal bracket on the back of the Graphics card is half size, meaning that the case is too narrow and your 460 will not fit. You could try searching for a half size bracket online and buy one.

    Could I take the motherboard and parts out and put them into a bigger case and use the GTX 460?
    Reply to NSainGaming
  3. Best answer
    Of course you can, as long as the motherboard is a standard size like micro ATX or ATX
    Reply to CJb_432
  4. CJb_432 said:
    Of course you can, as long as the motherboard is a standard size like micro ATX or ATX


    Okay thankyou! Thats what i needed to know. Ill probably be buying the PC now.
    Reply to NSainGaming
  5. NSainGaming said:
    CJb_432 said:
    Of course you can, as long as the motherboard is a standard size like micro ATX or ATX


    Okay thankyou! Thats what i needed to know. Ill probably be buying the PC now.


    Can I just ask why you need to buy this PC to take the parts out of?
    Reply to CJb_432
  6. CJb_432 said:
    NSainGaming said:
    CJb_432 said:
    Of course you can, as long as the motherboard is a standard size like micro ATX or ATX


    Okay thankyou! Thats what i needed to know. Ill probably be buying the PC now.


    Can I just ask why you need to buy this PC to take the parts out of?

    Well I can buy it used for $200 right now and put in my GTX 460 and make a decent gaming PC considering that the CPU in the HP Compaq Elite 8300 is actually pretty good. And in the future I could keep the processor and the GPU and SLI two GTX 460's. And I wont have to spend a lot to do it.
    Reply to NSainGaming
  7. Were you able to do it mate? Im thinking about doing exactly the same thing.
    Reply to Tristtan
  8. NSainGaming said:
    CJb_432 said:
    Of course you can, as long as the motherboard is a standard size like micro ATX or ATX


    Okay thankyou! Thats what i needed to know. Ill probably be buying the PC now.



    Were you able to do it mate? Im thinking about doing exactly the same thing.
    Reply to Tristtan
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Compaq Power Supplies Systems Graphics Cards Motherboards Elite Hewlett Packard