Solved

Best every day use laptop for under $500

I am looking to pick up a laptop for my wife as a gift and looking to stay under 500 dollars. It will be used mainly for looking at photos, webpages, facebook, youtube etc. I do my gaming on my Desktop PC so that is not a concern for this item. I have a buddy willing to sell me a Toshiba Satellite L750 for 200 bucks, I am wondering if I should just do that even though its a couple of years old.

However, a few I have been looking at include
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i17RV-8273BLK-17-3-Inch-Laptop/dp/B00F4MEJP6/ref=sr_1_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1392257660&sr=1-1

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3537/pd?oc=fncwc2405sw7&model_id=inspiron-15-3537

I would like it to be pretty quick but I know little of laptop Cpus as again Ive been a desktop guy my whole life. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about day laptop 500
  1. The laptop is simple and nice enough. However, you should buy something cheaper, as you can get an AMD A4 laptop for $429. (HP Pavilion n15z-n200) The A4 is also more powerful than a Pentium, too.
  2. okcnaline said:
    The laptop is simple and nice enough. However, you should buy something cheaper, as you can get an AMD A4 laptop for $429. (HP Pavilion n15z-n200) The A4 is also more powerful than a Pentium, too.


    Do you have a link by chance ?
  3. for under $500 you can still get a i5 haswell CPU

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314150
  4. computernewb said:
    for under $500 you can still get a i5 haswell CPU

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314150


    Is that Processor a good step up from the others I posted ?
  5. Best answer
    OS Outlawz said:
    computernewb said:
    for under $500 you can still get a i5 haswell CPU

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314150


    Is that Processor a good step up from the others I posted ?



    yea the i5 4200u is a great cpu for everyday use. its better than the cpus in the 2 laptops you posted. The first one you linked has a pentium 2127u which has pretty bad integrated graphics
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-2127U-Notebook-Processor.91282.0.html

    the 2nd one you linked has an i3 which has no turbo boost.
    http://ark.intel.com/products/75107/
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Desktops