Solved

GPU for 400W PSU

I am looking for the best graphic card for a 400W PSU, the later one has 10 Ampere in the 12v rail.
He has 2,7gb of RAM and a Ahtlon X2 II 245

He doesnt mind playing on low and he cannot buy a new computer

Thanks in advance
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu 400w psu
  1. What games does he play, and what gpu does he have now?
  2. A budget would have been great but a hd 7750 or a r7 250 can suffice his needs.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121800
  3. A 660 ti would be much better, and use less power (which will be a huge issue here)
  4. Best answer
    Fitzitz said:
    A 660 ti would be much better, and use less power (which will be a huge issue here)


    How a gtx 660 ti would use less power than a hd 7750 that doesn´t even need a 6 pin power connector?
  5. The 7750 pulls 75 watts max TPD. The 660 Ti pulls 150 watts max TDP.

    On a 400 watt PSU go no higher than 115 watts. That limits you to a 550 Ti or lower, or a 7770 or lower.
  6. Fitzitz said:
    What games does he play, and what gpu does he have now?


    He is mostly going to play games like Minecraft or Rust
  7. BlacKHawK3 said:
    The 7750 pulls 75 watts max TPD. The 660 Ti pulls 150 watts max TDP.

    On a 400 watt PSU go no higher than 115 watts. That limits you to a 550 Ti or lower, or a 7770 or lower.


    I have a Corsair VS 450, can i go with HD 7770 1GB. I want to play games like Batman, AC, Far Cry etc.
  8. BlacKHawK3 said:


    I do have a budget of 9000-10000 or $160,and have read about 7770 being a decent performer for gaming and when coupled with Corsair VS 450.. That's why wanted to confirm.
  9. Jayy89 said:
    BlacKHawK3 said:


    I do have a budget of 9000-10000 or $160,and have read about 7770 being a decent performer for gaming and when coupled with Corsair VS 450.. That's why wanted to confirm.

    Yeah, you can go with that hd 7770 no problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics Cards Graphics