Solved

Sufficient for 1600x900 Gaming?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SvuR
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SvuR/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SvuR/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $249.99)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (Purchased For $134.99)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $59.99)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $934.92
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-13 09:46 EST-0500)


Open for any suggestions!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sufficient 1600x900 gaming
  1. that build is more than enough for even 1920x1080

    this ram is better and cheaper
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f32400c11d8gab

    good luck :)
  2. AMD Radeon said:
    that build is more than enough for even 1920x1080

    this ram is better and cheaper
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f32400c11d8gab

    good luck :)

    Will this be able to play COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 at 60+FPS on ultra?
  3. RKYIAMN said:

    Will this be able to play COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 at 60+FPS on ultra?


    Why don't you take i5-4670k CPU and save some bucks and get a GTX 770 GPU instead?
    With a 770 you will be able to play any game in ultra at 60+ FPS
    i7-4770k doesn't perform better in games than an i5-4670k.

    <Edit> Sorry I overlooked. You've already purchased 4770k. Still if you can manage a GTX 770 it will be much better <Edit>

    BF4 Benchmark :
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634-8.html
  4. Muku said:
    RKYIAMN said:

    Will this be able to play COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 at 60+FPS on ultra?


    Why don't you take i5-4670k CPU and save some bucks and get a GTX 770 GPU instead?
    With a 770 you will be able to play any game in ultra at 60+ FPS
    i7-4770k doesn't perform better in games than an i5-4670k.

    <Edit> Sorry I overlooked. You've already purchased 4770k. Still if you can manage a GTX 770 it will be much better <Edit>

    BF4 Benchmark :
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634-8.html

    Oh that was a mistake on my behalf. I haven't purchased any of the parts yet! So should I just get a 4670k instead?
  5. Yes, in gaming there's barely anything noticeable between and i5 and a i7 processor. The 760 at the moment is more than enough for playing any games at 1600x900 gaming. Honestly it's up to you, seeing as how the i7 is merely 30-50$ more. But either way whichever route you go. You'll get 60fps at ultra at that resolution.

    If you intend to get a 1080p monitor in the future which I suggest, because even playing at high settings on 1080p looks better than ultra on 1600x900 res. Then I suggest you go with the i5 and better graphics card.
  6. Best answer
    RKYIAMN said:

    Oh that was a mistake on my behalf. I haven't purchased any of the parts yet! So should I just get a 4670k instead?


    If you haven't purchased anything then you should get a 4670k instead of 4770k because there's is no performance improvement with 4770k wrt 4670k while playing games.
    However if you run a lot of multi threaded applications like 3D rendering, along with games then 4770k is worth having.

    While 760 is enough for 1600*900 resolution but getting a 770 would make your build ready for 1080p and future gaming for at least a few years..... ultimately its your call.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Processors Graphics Cards Systems